• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do you rent baby items from and what do you rent?

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
What company do you use to rent baby items from?

We will be travelling with a 1 year old. I am considering a real crib vs. a pack and play just because I think it would be more comfortable for a week for DD to sleep in.

Also, what else did you rent? Did you use it? Was it worth the money?

Kristine

After seeing many recommendations on this board I chose to rent from A Babies Best Friend. This will be my first time using them but I have heard great things.

I am just renting a crib for my DS who will be a little over 2 when we go. But he is tall for his age and does not comfortably fit in a pack and play anymore.

Take a look at their web site...they have quite a selection.

I have not rented baby items before, but I always hear good things about babys best friend. I am posting a link for you. They have al kinds of stuff that would be very hard to travle with like cribs, high chairs, bath tubs, ect. I think that if you are going to rent then this would be the best place. For a whole week I can understand wanting your child to have a better sleeping surface. I hope this helps some. http://www.abbf.com/pricelist.html

We've taken dd to WDW four times since she was 6 months old... she was 20 months on our last trip. The first two trips we rented a full sized crib and a feeding chair (the little feeding chair that you can "mount" onto a regular chair). We only got the chair because she wasn't stable enough to sit in the high chairs they have in the DVC villas. (they're the wooden type that they have in the restaurants) We're still renting a crib when we go... she's still in her crib at home and won't sleep in a Pack N Play. We've always rented from A Baby's Best Friend. I cannot say enough about them. Their equipment is immaculate and in wonderful condition. They are very easy to deal with... our stuff is always where they say it will be when they say it will be. The crib is sturdy and roomy... and they send bedding/linens that are very cute (girl or boy). The linens are clean and separately packaged in plastic.

We rented a full-sized crib from A Baby's Best Friend. DH had the crib put together in about 20-30 mins and apart just as quickly. We think it was much more comfortable than a pack 'n play or the small metal cribs that the resorts sometimes offer and well worth the rental fee.

The only issue we had was that the bedding smelled a bit like the chemicals they use to clean them with. I just draped the sheet & bumper over the chairs on our balcony to let them air out though.

Quick question about a baby's best friend: is the price per night? I would think it is - but how awesome would it be if a crib rental was only like $75 bucks for the week?

Quick question about a baby's best friend: is the price per night? I would think it is - but how awesome would it be if a crib rental was only like $75 bucks for the week?

Crib rental was $82 for 4-7 nights when we rented in Nov. There's no way would anyone pay that amount per night when you can buy an inexpensive crib for $150-$200. People would just buy one and leave it when they left the hotel.

haha ok that's what I was thinking! thank goodness...that's such a great deal then!

Abbf.com rocks!!! We have rented cribs, fans for white noise, a rocking chair, monitors, and an exersaucer. Love that company so much!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter