• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do you get your pirate costumes?

Where do you get your Pirate costumes?

• I don't

• Home Scrounged

• Home Sewn

• Store Bought/Costume shop

• Custom/Professionally made

• I would prefer to rent

Results are only viewable after voting.
We just decided on a color scheme and went shopping on our own. We bought clothes that we could wear again not costumes.

We got ours at buypiratecostumes.com for the adults and DS was a crazy Little Tykes clearance sale for something like 1.99!

PirateMickey.jpg

DH was a bit annoyed that we were some of the only adults dressed up to this degree (I saw fewer than 1/2 dozen couples in the dining room in full costume) but DID enjoy all the special attention we got from CMs because of it!

We got df outfit at costumecraze.com And I found some clothes at Tj maxx that look piraty. We also went to birthday express to get glow in the dark pirate swords and I bought a pirate hat from amazon. All for under 30.00

I just wear the bandanna they give you, and that's about it. LOL

For our first four day cruise, I think this is all I am going to do since I've heard not as many people get into dressing up for pirate night. WHEN (not if) we take a 7 day cruise, then I'll plan to dress-up. As mentioned by a PP about her DH, I don't like to stick out and don't want to be one of a handful of people who are dressed for the occassion.

I did search MSN and the best place I found was www.buypiratecostumes.com. Be careful if you are shopping for the Sparrow outfit to read the description...what is pictured may not be what is listed. I believe the hat and boot covers need to be purchased separately. I don't think it's not the sites fault, I believe it is more the manufacturer's deception.

Happy shopping and/or sewing.

I shopped the Kohl's Clearance aisle for my outfit & DD#1, bought DS jack sparrow from Disney Outlet for under $10 and ordered DD#2 & 3 from ebay (#2 HAD to have the Elizabeth Swann wedding dress from ENGLAND!). Made DH a T-shirt with some catchy pirate phrase like "surender your booty" because he wouldn't dress up.

I'll have to dig up the pictures.

Bought ours from www.dresslikeapirate.com Have bought from her twice now. Awesome quality, and quick service....

In fact my youngest DD was in a play, "Lady Pirates of Captain Bree" and we bought her costume there (doubles for the cruise) and the director was thrilled with it....(only one to actually look like a priate - :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter