Where do you get yard sale tables?

MomRN

DIS Veteran
We are in serious need of a yard sale. However, I have no tables. We do have a couple of saw horses and boards for makeshift tables. Previously we would rent tables for $5/day, but the more I think about the cost of renting and the need for tables for my son's party, I'm thinking it would be best to invest in about 5 tables.

No hits on craigslist. Will look for auctions, but we just have a few weeks until the party.

Suggestions?

Office Depot has 30 inch wide folding tables at $50 (5-foot), $60 (6-foot) and $80 (8-foot). Other office supply stores are probably priced similarly. Also OD give free shipping for more than $50 in purchases.

We've always borrowed a few from our church / school when we've needed them for yard sales or other events. As long as we pick them up ourselves and return them in a timely manner it's never been a problem, and completely free.

We aren't a member of a church, and I don't think our school lends them out. I can facebook a request to borrow from friends, but I'm really thinking it would be a good long term investment.

I'm now looking into how much it would be to build a few wooden tables...

I have one table that I've loaned to friends/neighbors for their garage sales. I definitely ask around -- borrow as many as you can and buy one or two (a nice table comes in handy at other times, too.)

I agree, borrow as many as you can, and only purchase one, maybe two. We even did some great make shift tables using 3-4 cardboard boxes (taped up with rocks or similar heavy item inside) then laying plywood on top and covering with an old sheet. We had a huge sale last summer so we needed every bit of table space that we could get.

I've seen tables that fold in half for storage for less than $40 at places like Target, Sam's Club, Big Lots, Walmart. You may have to see if they're on sale if they're more than $40.

You may also want to look in the Camping section for folding tables, too. When I did home parties, I had a folding camping table that I used for demos.

Try freecycle. Maybe someone has some they are willing to give away.

We just bought some last weekend at Home Depot for $39 each, the are 6ft long but fold in the middle so they fit in the car easily. They do not have them online only instore.

Well, I see 6ft tables at Big Lots for $37... so far I think that's the cheapest.

Even if you don't belong to a church, I would still contact a few and offer to rent them.

Lisa

Walmart has a 5 ft for $34 and the 6 foot on sale this week for $36, normally $42. Both fold in half for easy storage. I think Menard's has them this week (might have been last week) for $29.99 with a rebate. (5 ft)

If you are buying, be sure to see how heavy & sturdy the tables are. There are so many lightweight, sturdy tables available, don't end up with one that is not sturdy (can't hold a reasonable amount of weight).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter