Where do you add your gift card on the Disney App?

Did I read that correctly? Can you not charge to the room for mobile orders?
I doubt this too. Pretty sure we put everything on the MB and paid with a gift card back at the front desk @ BLT. Our default would have been a CC if that didn't work, so???

You can charge it all to your room, then stop by to pay your bill with a gift card at the end (I recommend the night before you check out so they don't charge your credit card first, but even the one time I did it at checkout, they took the charge off my credit card and applied it to the gift card instead.

You can do this with purchases in the parks charged to your account with your MagicBand, but not with mobile orders. Completely different system.

Not seamless.. but, I added Disney gift cards to Apple wallet on iPhone. Most places scanned it, some wrote down the number, and some asked me to write drown the number.

How did you do this? Was it an egift card? I don't think you can add a physical Disney gift card to Apple Wallet.

I doubt this too. Pretty sure we put everything on the MB and paid with a gift card back at the front desk @ BLT. Our default would have been a CC if that didn't work, so???

Yes, you can charge purchases in the parks to your room account with your MagicBand. But mobile ordering is a completely separate system in the MDE app. Anyone can use it, not just Disney resort guests. MagicBands are not involved in any way.

Your payment options for mobile ordering are a linked credit or debit card (this can be the same one linked to your Disney resort room account, but does not have to be), Apple Pay, a Chase Disney Visa rewards card, or Disney gift card. For the last two options, you have to re-enter the card numbers for each purchase. I overcame that convenience by keeping my gift card number(s) in a note on my phone, and just did copy/paste for each purchase. Worked great.

You can do this with purchases in the parks charged to your account with your MagicBand, but not with mobile orders. Completely different system.

How did you do this? Was it an egift card? I don't think you can add a physical Disney gift card to Apple Wallet.

Yes, you can charge purchases in the parks to your room account with your MagicBand. But mobile ordering is a completely separate system in the MDE app. Anyone can use it, not just Disney resort guests. MagicBands are not involved in any way.

Your payment options for mobile ordering are a linked credit or debit card (this can be the same one linked to your Disney resort room account, but does not have to be), Apple Pay, a Chase Disney Visa rewards card, or Disney gift card. For the last two options, you have to re-enter the card numbers for each purchase. I overcame that convenience by keeping my gift card number(s) in a note on my phone, and just did copy/paste for each purchase. Worked great.
OK, yeah, now that I think about it, that explains it. We mobile ordered while waiting for 7DMT so we would have had to also pay then (with a CC). That makes sense - thanks!

A couple more questions. Can you use more than one gift card at a time for a payment? Can you split between a gift card and credit card? For instance, the total price is $50, and you have a $25 gift card. Can you use that and put the rest on the credit card on file?

A couple more questions. Can you use more than one gift card at a time for a payment? Can you split between a gift card and credit card? For instance, the total price is $50, and you have a $25 gift card. Can you use that and put the rest on the credit card on file?

When we were there in Sept, you couldn't use more than one gift card at a time. However, you could use the gift card and put the remaining balance on a credit card

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter