• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do we sit for the parades?

NvrBnToWDW

Mouseketeer
Where do we sit and what do we sit on? Are there benches or do we sit on a curb? Do we need to bring something to sit on?

There are benches, but they tend to be a bit away from the curb, so not the best place if you want a clear view. You can stand or sit on the curb or sidewalk, lean against railings, sit on ledges ... pretty much like watching a parade in your hometown. I wouldn't carry something around all day specifically to have something to sit on, but it can be nice to have a jacket or something in your backpack to spread out on the sidewalk if you decide to sit rather than stand.

:earsboy:

I love your questions! I hope I can help with some of them.

At MGM, the Stars & Cars Parade is in the afternoon and even 15 minutes before on a crowded day, you can still just sit on the ground to see it. I recommend looking at your park map when you're there and checking out the parade route.

At AK, we consulted the map for the route because we knew we wanted to leave right after the parade. I really recommend that you pick a spot to watch it near the beginning and before it reaches the park's entrance/exit. We walked behind the last float/truck after it passed us. This has Mickey on it. It was a blast to walk and see everyone else watching the parade light up when they saw Mickey. It's hard to describe seeing literally hundreds of people's faces light up when they point and say, "There's Mickey!"

At MK, we enjoyed watching the Snowglobe Parade in the afternoon from the steps of the WDW Railroad at the entrance.

At MK, the Spectromagic Parade is just get a spot if you can! The CM's are pretty good about keeping the sidewalks open. You have to have someone camp out a spot an hour early when it's crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter