Where do the Tour/School Groups Stay?

aras4007

DIS Veteran
Thinking of a trip in October and I remember a lot of tour groups the last time I went in October. Wondering where they usually stay so we can try and avoid them. Thanks!

Allstar Sports is the usual value resort for these, and CBR has been the usual designated mod in the last year or so.

Tour/School Groups do not typically stay at the Deluxe or Villa resorts so you would be safe there.

Allstar Sports is the go-to resort for youth sports and tour groups. If there are enough of them staying at any one time, they will branch out to the other Allstars and possibly Pop Century. Moderates can get them too, especially POR and CBR. I think POFQ's small size and CSR's status as a convention resort keeps them from getting as many. They generally do not stay at deluxes or DVC villa resorts.

Apparently some of the biggest times for youth groups to visit are during January and July when there are school breaks in Brazil, and during the Pop Warner football/cheerleading championships the first weekend in December. There can be other times too. Last weekend there were several groups on senior trips or school band trips (they usually wear matching tee shirts so you can tell what kind of trip they are on). At the end of this month there is a cheer/dance competition with competitors staying at the Allstars and CBR.

If you prefer to avoid large business convention type groups, avoid resorts with a convention center, especially those with a large convention center (CSR, Contemporary, Swan and Dolphin)

depends upon the group - if it is a convention type - business - they do go to the deluxes.

Just got back from a band trip and we were at POFQ. Our groups have stayed at the All Stars and at POP, offsite and CSR too with band and soccer. I honestly think they are everywhere depending on the group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter