• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do 6 people stay?

Wazzo

DIS Veteran
Hello!

I am helping to plan a trip for a friend, but I have no experience planning rooms for a family of 6. I think most rooms limit 5, so what are the best options for a family of six?

Thank you! :teeth:

The best choice is to just get 2 rooms. We did this at the CBR when there were 6 of us and it worked really well. Over the years we have tried to cram 5 of us in one room with a roll-away bed and it's just too crowded. Unless the family you are booking for is planning on getting one of the suites at one of the luxury hotels...Those rooms could easily fot 6 people

The best economical solution for a family of six is the new family suite at All Stars Music. It even comes with two bathrooms.

You can also rent points for a two-bedroom DVC unit (they sleep eight). Actually, you can also book a two-bedroom unit directly through CRO, but renting points can be more cost effective.

there is also the cabins at FW.

now all the deluxes plus CSR have suites - but they are very, very expensive.

Well, two choices... either two rooms somewhere or a two bedroom villa at one of the DVC resorts. Your best option for a two bedroom villa would be to rent points from a DVC member; you'll get the room for much cheaper than paying Disney.

A villa would include a living room, a full kitchen, a washer/dryer, a "master" bedroom with a king size bed, one bathroom that includes a jacuzzi tub and shower, and another bedroom with a queen size bed and bathroom. Some will have two queens in the other bedroom, and some will have a queen and a pull-out sofa bed.

You can check out the rent/trade board here for more info. Just in case you're unsure, the DVC resorts are Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs, and Old Key West.

ETA: 3 choices, I guess... wasn't sure how many the suites at All Stars slept. :)

Ft Wilderness cabins!!! :banana: We LOVE Ft. Wilderness and the cabins!!

1000th happy haunt said:
The best economical solution for a family of six is the new family suite at All Stars Music. It even comes with two bathrooms.

You can also rent points for a two-bedroom DVC unit (they sleep eight). Actually, you can also book a two-bedroom unit directly through CRO, but renting points can be more cost effective.

They can stay at the Cabins at FW.
The cabins have a full kitchen but only 1 bath.
When my family of 6 was younger we stayed there but we did not like the transportation. First they would need to get on an internal bus and then switch over to park bus to get to the parks.
They can rent a golf cart for about $50 a day but the carts only hold 4 passengers.

Here is the layout:

Fort_Wilderness-CABIN-LR.gif

-------------------------------------------------

Here is some info about the new Family Suites at All Star Music;

*** They are 520 square feet.

*** The Family suites are located in the Jazz and Calypso buildings at All Star Music.(these are the closet buildings to the food court and the bus stop.

*** They cost less than a standard room at AKL or WL.

*** They have a QUEEN size bed (the other values and even the mods do not have a queen bed.

***the fridge is included (if you booked 2 connecting value rooms you would need to pay $10 extra for a night for a fridge if you wanted one.

*** They come with a microwave and coffeepot (If you booked 2 connecting value rooms you would not even be be able to rent a microwave and coffeepot.

***They have 2 TV's (if you book POR or a Deluxe room which sleeps 5 you will have 1 TV)

THey have 2 bathrooms (if you book POR or a Deluxe room which sleeps 5 you will have 1 Bathroom.

For more info and photos please see my FAQ thread and feel free to PM me with any questions.

Here is the FAQ thread:*Note you can also find it on the resort stickey

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409

----------------------------------------------

Here is some info about the Family Suites:

Disney has started booking these New Family Suites!

The Family Suites will be located in the Calypso and Jazz Inn Buildings. When complete:

Calypso Building 1 will have 32 suites
Calypso Building 10 will have 54 suites
Jazz Inn Building 2 will have 52 suites
Jazz Inn Building 9 will have 54 suites

The suites are located on all three floors, and will be near each other, but none will offer connecting suites. There is no price difference between the buildings.

2006 pricing will be:

$169 plus tax - Value Season (Aug 27 - Oct 4; Nov 26 - Dec 19)
$209 plus tax - Regular Season (Apr 23 - Aug 26; Oct 5 - Nov 25)
$239 plus tax - Peak Season (Mar 6* - Apr 22)
$259 plus tax Holiday Season (Dec 20 - 31)
(* once available)

Check here for the 2007 rates:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/disney-rates-2007.htm#VALUE

For comparison, the price of a Family Suite is $9-11 more then 2 Standard Rooms, or $13-15 less the 2 Preferred Rooms, depending on season.

Currently, none of the discount promotional offers will include these suites, (ie, no passholder, FL Resident, AAA, etc) however this may change in the future once all suites are ready, based on occupancy trends.

A little info:

New Family Suites at All Star Music Resort

Several rooms at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort are getting an extreme makeover. They are being restructured to house the new Disney’s All-Star Resort Family Suites, set to open June 4, 2006.

The new family suites will offer an affordable and convenient option for larger families with the amenities of a studio apartment.

Families can be together in the suite while enjoying separate sleeping areas with added privacy. Having two bathrooms will not only save time, but makes getting ready easier for the whole family. Plus, extra amenities like a microwave enable guests to prepare warm snacks and meals. With the extra room, guests can relax and recount the memories of the day before falling off to a goodnight’s sleep.

52 Family Suites located in the Jazz Inn building
(192 suites upon completion located in Calypso and Jazz Inn buildings)

-Sleep up to 6 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)
-Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room.
-Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers (4 separate sleepers)
-Private master bedroom and family room have 27” flat CRT TV and high speed internet access.
-Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot
-Two-full bathrooms
Here is the layout:

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

Here are some photos from the DIS resort website:

** NOTE there is a wall mounted hair dryer next to the bathroom sink.
Look at 8th and 10th phots down and you will see it.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

For more info about the New Family suites at All Star Music please see the FAQ thread:

Feel free to PM me or to post a comment.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409

We are getting two connecting rooms, but next time I think we will try one of the new AS Music Suites!

Value, 2 connecting rooms. We did this at POP. It was great! We're a family of 5 but you could easily do this with 6. I think it's a better option than the suites unless you want to have meals in your room because it's cheaper and there are real beds, plus I personally am not interested in ASMu.

If you want to go moderate, you can do Junior Suite at CSR. We're thinking of doing this next time. It's $$$ vs. 2 rooms at value but less than the other Disney options.

Trish

Photos of ASMu from allearnet.com:

asm_pl2.jpg

Quiet pool

asm_calp9.jpg

Calypso icon * NOTE the lush landscaping

allstar-music2_lg-1.jpg

Calypso pool *NOTE the palm trees and landscapimg.

asm_br7.jpg

Garden near Broadway

asm_13.jpg

Ariel near quiet pool

asm6.jpg

Broadway with B&B

02.jpg

Fountain by Jazz Inn

01.jpg

Jazz Inn

:thumbsup2
----------------------------------

DH and I enjoy the landscaping and peacefulness of All Star Music.
We enjoy relaxing by the pool (there are plenty of chairs and lounges), and the beautiful lighting at the resort by night.

I have never had the unfortunate experience of running into the any of the large
groups of teens who sometimes stay at the values on school trips.
As long as you can avoid those large groups I do not think Noise will be an issue.

*HINT if you close your bathroom door at night you might not even hear the turbo toilets.
I close my bathroom door and I don't hear them.
------------------------------------

I love The All Star Resorts.

I am 56 years old and travel several times a year. I often stay at 4 star hotels.
So the deluxe and mod resorts are just another hotel/motel to me.
All Star is like being in the heart of the Magic and that is where I want to be.

All Star Music is my favorite. It is quieter because more couples stay there. I love staying at the Calypso building. It is closer to the pool, food court and bus stop.

Here is a site with a map of All Star Sports and All Star Music.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmap.htm
Scroll down. All Star Music is at the bottom of the page.
The Calypso buildings at All Star Music are #1 and #10 are nearest to the food court and bus stop.

The Calypso pool at ASMu has Donald Duck.

The buses are wonderful.

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---POPbuses--PO buses--- Contemporary
MK 20 min---- 20 min-----25 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----20 min------10 min---15 min
MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
AK 10 min------20min-------15 min----15 min---20 min
DTD 15 min----20 min------20 min-----15 min---35 min

It only takes 10 minutes to get to Epcot, MGM and AK from All Stars.
MK is 20 min away. That's the same amount of time it takes on the monorail from the Contemporary.

A WORD ABOUT BUS SHARING

To me Bus Sharing at the All Stars is really a non issue.

In the mornings during Park opening hours each All Star usually has a dedicated bus.
During mid day it is usually just our stop and maybe one more on the way to the parks. On the way back sometimes it is all 3 but often Sports and Music share and Movies has it's own bus back. Each of the All Stars usually has it's own dedicated bus back from the MK.
That is a big plus. It seems like the Music bus stop usually has the shortest of the three All Star bus lines.

I guess some people who stay at POP see all 3 All Star names on the return sign of our bus stop when they head to the POP bus stop and think All Stars also has 3 stops on the way to the park.
(Even when we stop at another AS resort to load up it has not taken more than 5 minutes and we are on our way!)

The pools at The All Stars are very kid friendly.

When staying at the All Stars you can use any of the All Star pools.That means 3 main pools ,3 quiet pools and 3 kiddie pools to chose from.

The All Star Movie Fantasia pool has Mickey.

The Calypso pool at ASMU has Donald Duck.

And the Surfs up pool at All Star Sports has giant surf boards.

Here are a few pool photos.

astar3.jpg

All Star Sports pool.

allstar-music2_lg.jpg

All Star Music Donald pool.

asmv20.jpg

All Star Movies Mickey Pool.

I have visited WDW more than a dozen times with the 1st time in Oct. 1971. It was brand new. I've stayed at FW, Disney Inn, a few the of Hotels on hotel Blvd., CBR and the towers at the Contemporary. I got to see the MK from my balcony at the Contemporary and I'm happy I got to experience it once. I just prefer the All Star Resorts.
The theming is pure Disney.
My last 5 visits have been at The All Stars and last fall when we took dd,dsil, and our grandson age 3 for 8 nights we stayed at the All Stars Music. I thought about AKL and even though we can well afford AKL I just wanted Alex to experience the Disney Magic :wizard: at the All Stars on his first visit.
Where else can one find Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse at the pool?

Have a great time at Disney wherever you choose to stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter