Where can you get a p.b.&j?

pat fan

Sad my tag won't fit :(
Ok, if it's not on the menu, can you still order a good old pb&j?

There are some places my family (extended,11 people) wants to eat and by looking at the menu's online, there is nothing appealing to me or my DS. Can't we just order a pb&j and enjoy the meal? Or do we have to order off the real menu and not eat it? Or not order and take up seats for nothing?

The places I am thinking of are Rose & Crown and the 50's Prime Time Cafe.

I don't know about a PB&J, but we have ordered things for my kids before that were a slight adjustment to the items on the menu. I would think you could ask the server and if your experience is like ours they will be willing to work with you.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!:)

A few of the counter restaurants do have PB&J on the menu, but it's a prepackaged round sandwich, not something made there.

I doubt other restaurants would have them in stock if they're not on the menu -- but I've been surprised before.

My friends son loves pb & j. I know he must have had it at least at every counter service meal and I am sure he had it at a few others. Its the round pre made one. I think they were in more places then you would think. Good Luck.

The PBandJ is a Smuckers Uncrustable, which I would never eat (but to each their own). I believe that Earl of Sandwich is about the only place that does a real PBandJ anymore at WDW. Theory is that Disney is too concerned about cross contamination for peanut allergies and went with the prepackaged stuff.

edited to add: that is at counter service; I don't know of a fullservice that would make a 'fresh' sandwich. But both places you mention have fairly bland menu selections, and both will usually make something if they have the ingredients available.

If you give us some other ideas, we can maybe help. Such as would mashed potatoes be an option?

Dinner at 1900 Park Fare has them on the kid's buffet. They actually have the uncrustables. My kids used to love them (except for DD who is allergic to peanuts) and were very excited to see them there.

'Ohana will make you a real PB&J. They did for DD a couple of times. Also you can make your own PB&J at the Crystal Palace. They have rainbow bread to make it with which DD loves. Rainbow is plain old white bread in a rainbow of colors. If you order one at 'Ohana you will be charged the full dinner price.

If you give us some other ideas, we can maybe help. Such as would mashed potatoes be an option?

Ok, when I look at R&C appetizers, the only one I know could eat is the salad. I don't do seafood, the cheese plate has been ruled out and I've been told the soups have a cream/gravy type broth. That would kill my stomach.

Entrees- Steak & Fish-don't usualy do red meat and do NOT do fried food
Grilled Steak-Don't do red meat and what the heck is black & tan demi glace?
Cottage Pie- maybe, if you can get it without the cheese.
Chicken pasty-can you get it without the cream sauce?
Fish & Chips-don't do fried
Veggie Selection-can you get it without curry & mustard cream sauce?
Bangers & Mash-ick
Beef Stew-too heavy a broth

Any suggestions? I was thinking if no pb&j I'd get the salad with a side of green beans. I just usualy get a headache if I don't get some protien. That's why the Chicke Pasty looks like the second best choice if I can get it without the cream sauce.
Thanks.

YES! I was at Rose and Crown a few weeks ago. I am veggie and don't eat much dairy. I had the mushroom appetizer and the soup - which was actually far too much food.

My server also suggested a whole list of items. They can make the cottage pie with no cheese on top, or a veggie version of that. If you want the curry dish with no curry, they can make you just the veggies. (although the food there is already pretty bland, if I read it correctly you are looking for very bland food - correct?)

they will work with you - typically if you are that concerned they will send out a chef who will make some suggestions based on what you like, and what is available in the kitchen. I actually recommend that in your case you may want to call one day ahead and speak with a chef.

YES! I was at Rose and Crown a few weeks ago. I am veggie and don't eat much dairy. I had the mushroom appetizer and the soup - which was actually far too much food.

My server also suggested a whole list of items. They can make the cottage pie with no cheese on top, or a veggie version of that. If you want the curry dish with no curry, they can make you just the veggies. (although the food there is already pretty bland, if I read it correctly you are looking for very bland food - correct?)

they will work with you - typically if you are that concerned they will send out a chef who will make some suggestions based on what you like, and what is available in the kitchen. I actually recommend that in your case you may want to call one day ahead and speak with a chef.

Thank you so much! I really don't think I'm a picky eater, but I guess I am. It's more health related then by choice though, but there you have it. Thanks again, I feel MUCH better now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter