Where can I have my reception

Bekki

Mouseketeer
Hi Everybody :wave:

I am in planning mode for my Wedding, my first question is (and I am sure their will be a lot more!) is where can you recommend for my reception? There will be about 14 of us in total so we would like to have something special.

Thanks
Bekki princess:

Sorry :rolleyes:

We will be having the Disney Intimate Wedding so it will be held at the Pavilion.

Thanks
Bekki

The Intimates @ the Pavilion have the reception on the balcony at the Grand Floridian (my daughter had her's there). It is very nice - overlooks the Seven Seas lagoon. Someone correct me if I am wrong -but if you have a custom wedding you do choose a place for your reception, with intimates it's part of the package and is located at the site of the wedding.
What I am talking about is the cake cutting and toast - (you can have a dinner/lunch most anywhere except the parks with wedding attire).

We the intimate wedding you will need to plan something seperate if you want to do a dinner. We had dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse, there was 11 of us and it was fantastic! You can wear your wedding attire at the restaurant as long as it is not a park restaurant. You will also need to have it early so they can plan for a large group, we had ours at 5:30 pm.

D&R love Disney said:
We the intimate wedding you will need to plan something seperate if you want to do a dinner. We had dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse, there was 11 of us and it was fantastic! You can wear your wedding attire at the restaurant as long as it is not a park restaurant. You will also need to have it early so they can plan for a large group, we had ours at 5:30 pm.

Yachtsman Steakhouse will let you were your wedding attire inside? Did you get a private room....semi private?? Do you have any pictures or other information?

We were in the back corner of the restaurant. Honestly I didn't even notice others in the restaurant until we left and then heard lots of congratulations.

We had a custom menu with the prices removed. You can take any items off the menu that you want. The service was fantastic. We had a Disney centerpiece from floral, unfortunately we couldn't keep it.
47b4db26b3127cce9c6743dd23ee00000025108AatGLhi2cNK

This is another shot of the table.
47b4db26b3127cce9c6743d923ea00000026108AatGLhi2cNK

I think the total cost for 11 of us was a little over $1000 with tip.

Great photos thanks a bunch. Can I hijack this post for sec please. It is possible to feed a wedding party of 20 for under 500 Dollars of those 20 8 are kids I mean under 9 years old.

Thanks,
Kim

We had dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse, there was 11 of us and it was fantastic! You can wear your wedding attire at the restaurant as long as it is not a park restaurant. You will also need to have it early so they can plan for a large group, we had ours at 5:30 pm.

We're doing this in two weeks. We were able to get a reservation for 15 at 7:30pm. We booked it ourselves though, not through FTW, if that's even possible. How did you get the centerpiece and custom menus? Was there an extra charge for them?

After our intimate wedding, we had our reception dinner at Victoria's and Albert's.

That is so cool!!! I love your pics and I am really glad to hear that you CAN wear a dress to a dinner!!! I just didnt think it was possilbe...or thats what FTW told me?
Did you tell them you that it was for a wedding and that you would be in your dress? Would it be possible to upgrade the table...ie linens and stuff?

Kim,

It is possible to do a reception for 20 people for around $500 if you do a buffet. Lunch buffets are cheaper, but dinner buffets run $28 per adult and $11-12 per child 3-9. So 12 adults and 8 children would cost you $432.00 plus tax. I dont know how much tax is in Florida in the restaurants so for arguement sake lets just say 10% and a 20% tip would come to $570.00. If you did lunch it would be cheaper, but $570 isnt bad at all for 20 people and they can eat all they want.

If you have an annual pass you can get the Disney Dining Experience card which would save you 20% on your table service meals for up to 10 people. It would cost you $50 to buy but it is good for a full year and you could save on your table service meals for the entire honeymoon and any subsequent trips for the whole year.

D&R love Disney said:

We just had ours there and didnt wear our dresses (there were 2 couples) But i forget if they said we could or not...i dont think we wanted to anyway...

Yes, the Yachtman is great, food was fantastic, we got their semi-private room, there was 18 people in all including 2 kids. They give you a shortned menu and a price per head ($65) if the party is over 10 people. At first i was kinda ticked about this but it turned out great and I wouldnt have done it diferently.

ANd this was all just last week!

I had my intimate reception lunch at the Concourse steakhouse and I wore my dress. We had custom menus printed and it did not cost extra. (I did have to call the restuarnat directly, coordinator told me they wouldn't do it, but they did and were very nice and easy to work with). We served the cake for dessert. I did wear my dress. There were 14 of us 3 were kids, we had the dining card and we came in under $500.
We then went out on the balcony of the CR and got pictures with the castle in the background.
It was great!

That sounds really nice, do you have any pictures with the castle in the background?
Janine

you can have your reception meal at one of the resort restaurants ie ohanas at the polynesian, 1900 park fare at the grand floridian, yachtsman steakhouse at the yacht club, etc. some of the resorts also have semi private rooms like victoria & alberts, narcossees, etc. or you could have your reception at one of the private event venues like summerhouse outside at the grand floridian, the attic at the boardwalk, etc. now since its an intimate wedding this would have to be booked on your own through the restaurant or convention center at the resort at a cost.

SetzKitten said:
How did you get the centerpiece and custom menus? Was there an extra charge for them?

I had seen the centerpiece at Franck's. I asked my EM about it and she arranged it with Disney Floral. It was a charge, I can't remember how much and it did have flowers that matched my bouquet inside of it, I did get to keep them.

The menu was arranged by the manager at YSH. My EM put me in touch with her and we did the menu via email. I just told her what we didn't want made available and also that we didn't want any prices listed. She took care of everything for us and there was no charge for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter