Where can I get small tumbled stones?

maleficent1959

<font color=FF0033>200,000 DIS'ers can't be wrong.
I'm looking for small tumbled stones like turquoise and jade for a project I just dreamed up. They need to be no bigger than 1/2 inch, polished, and not have any holes.

I'm not at home, so I haven't been able to check any local craft shops, but all I can find on the Internet is jewelry supplies.

Does anyone know where I can find some?

try Michaels if you have one near you or if you have any nature stores in the malls. You know the ones that have all kinds of geography, astronomy, and exploration toys. THey always seem to have stuff like that.

Try a pet store. They sell stones like that for the bottoms of aquariums.

The previous suggestions are better than mine, but the first thing that came to <i>my</i> mind was to try your local Cracker Barrel - in their General Store.

I've seen them at Disney...maybe you need to make a trip ;)

Thank you to everyone, especially PandyPaws! Nature's Emporium has exactly what I want. I need the very small size, and I couldn't seem to find anyone who had that size other than bead and jewelry shops.

Of course, I am going to Disney tomorrow for a couple days so I'll look there... I wish I could take you all with me!

Just to let you know the place I remember seeing them at Disney is at DD next to the Pooh store. There is that little garden area off the side of it. Hope they still have them there.

And gee, hope you didn't set up the trip just to get the stones...haha.

I believe they also sell the tumbled stones at the small garden-type store in Epcot's the Land, next to Food Rocks. I've seen the stands at several places around the World (can't help but notice, as my kids simply MUST stick their hands in there every time they see them :rolleyes: ) I just can't remember which places have stones and which places have the fake 'jewels" ....possibly also at the Living Seas.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter