Where can I buy raincoats?

XTinabell

DIS Veteran
When I was at DLR a few years ago we got surprisingly soaked on grizzly river run and we weren't prepared. We went to universal studios the next day and got a raincoat from there for a dollar, but I saw people in Disneyland with Mickey Mouse raincoats but nobody could tell us where they got them from. The river run was my favorite ride (especially with raincoats so I didn't get as wet) but my DH doesn't like wet rides very much so we'll need the coats before we can go on that ride or he won't ride it again with me.

The Disney ones are about $6 from what I remember. Any gift shop and outdoor souvinier stand sells them. Some places you have to ask for them.
You can get the small disposable ones for $1 at the dollar store before you go though!

XTinabell said:
When I was at DLR a few years ago we got surprisingly soaked on grizzly river run and we weren't prepared. We went to universal studios the next day and got a raincoat from there for a dollar, but I saw people in Disneyland with Mickey Mouse raincoats but nobody could tell us where they got them from. The river run was my favorite ride (especially with raincoats so I didn't get as wet) but my DH doesn't like wet rides very much so we'll need the coats before we can go on that ride or he won't ride it again with me.

We went to DL a few years back and it was pouring down rain, which meant low volumes of people, so we were happy! Anyway, the gift shops were selling rain ponchos, but I don't remember how much they were.

DisneyLoverinWA

Yes, the dollar store ones are your best bet.

They do have the ponchos in the store right next to Grizzly River Run. They are always on display here because so many people want them for the ride.

Most other stores usually have them in stock but not on display. Unless it's raining, then they magically appear!

We got ponchos on a rainy day last January. They were $7 for adults. I don't think they display them in the gift shops, but when it rains every gift shop has them at the counter to sell. I think you can ask and they probably have them in the back.

Ours were clear with Mickey on the back. The nice thing with the clear ones is that you can see the clothes through them so everyone doesn't look exactly the same. DH likes that they are clear so he can wear them at Football games and his red shows through.

I bought disposable ones at Walmart for 75 cents before our last trip. We just wore them on GRR. They are very small, and can fit in a pocket when they are new. And for that price its not hard to throw them out when you are done. When in rained during our trip last Oct, we bought the $6-7 ones from a store on main street. We just asked the cm, and she had them behind the counter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter