• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When You're At A Hard-Ticket Event (Like MVMCP), How Are Wait Times?

rastahomie

Registered
I've only been to one "hard-ticket" event: MNSSHP back in 2005. I don't remember waiting more than 10 minutes for any attraction.

Is this still the case? Should I plan on making judicious use of Fastpass (can you even use Fastpass during hard ticket events?)?

You can't use FP during the event. You can use FP if you get into the event early. Generally, the parties start at 7 but you can get in at 4 with the ticket so you could use FP from 4-7. We went to MVMCP last year. I have to say it was pretty crowded. Most attractions were 15-20 min. wait. We waited more than an hour to meet the Zootopia characters as they are my daughter's favorite. Of course, that party was the only way to meet those characters. 7DMT was more about an hour wait as well. We didn't do it, but we saw the times. It was much more crowded that the last party I had been to, which was about 5 years ago.

No FP at hard ticket events.

Ride lines will be longer than you remember from 2005 but lots better than during the day.

having only done 2 hard ticket events....i remember being underwhelmed with the lines....I thought it would be alot quicker then it was, and i thought the crowds were a bit much, especially MVMCP

Thanks for the responses!

We did one of the Nov MVMCP last year. Our focus was attractions only. We were headed out to our first cruise the next day, and the party was an add-on. So we didn't watch the parade or the fireworks from the hub. We entered the park at 4 pm and had FP+ for Pirates, Space Mtn, and Haunted Mansions. BTMRR was closed for refurbishment. We also did a quick dinner at BoG at 6:20 (we were done by about 7:10).

So we did the three mentioned, did some party specific shopping and had dinner. We also accomplished:

Buzz Lightyear
People Mover
Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
Carousel
It's a Small World
Mickey's Philharmagic
Jingle Cruise
Little Mermaid
7DMT (2x)

Our longest wait was 7DMT. The first time was 15-20 min. The second time we just walked through the queue and then waited about 5 min to load. Both of these were toward the end of the night.

Peter Pan was a little bit of a wait, but most of that was also just walking through the improved queue.

Just be aware they are switching up how they're handling closing times and MVMCP start time. It appears they are listing a 6 PM close for lots of party dates. It appears that will cut the number of FPs you'll be able to get before the party actually starts.

Well, when I'm there I'll be all about the parade(s) and fireworks/projection shows. Attractions are secondary, characters are third-iary.

Well, when I'm there I'll be all about the parade(s) and fireworks/projection shows. Attractions are secondary, characters are third-iary.
That's precisely why ride lines stay reasonable all night. And why Main Street and the Hub stay crowded in spite of it having "limited attendance".

I was at the Christmas party last year. And lines are shorter DURING the parades. I was able to do like 3 or 4 attractions in like a 40 min period during the parade.

You can't use FP during the event. You can use FP if you get into the event early. Generally, the parties start at 7 but you can get in at 4 with the ticket so you could use FP from 4-7. We went to MVMCP last year. I have to say it was pretty crowded. Most attractions were 15-20 min. wait. We waited more than an hour to meet the Zootopia characters as they are my daughter's favorite. Of course, that party was the only way to meet those characters. 7DMT was more about an hour wait as well. We didn't do it, but we saw the times. It was much more crowded that the last party I had been to, which was about 5 years ago.
I have done the MVMCP 3 times. The first time (which I believe was one of the first offerings) wasn't bad at all. It was even great. Crowds were okay too. The next time we went (2 years later) it was horrible. The crowds seemed almost like it wasn't a "Limited" event (or that the limit was whatever the capacity of the park was). Not to mention weather issues (which I know WDW can't control). However, the rides probably aren't too bad as they have many characters that you cannot meet any other time, so you have to choose... Ride or Character Meet/Greet. The Character lines were HORRIBLE. All in all I think it's an over priced event and we will not likely do them again.

having only done 2 hard ticket events....i remember being underwhelmed with the lines....I thought it would be alot quicker then it was, and i thought the crowds were a bit much, especially MVMCP
See my comment above. I agree. I think the "Limited" event was limited to as many tickets as they could sell.

I was at the Christmas party last year. And lines are shorter DURING the parades.
I think that's true pretty much always, not just hard-ticket events (excluding boring and unpopular parades like Move It Shake It).
I agree with rasthomie... I was going to say the same thing.... he just beat me to it.

I've done MNSSHP and MVMCP pretty much each year since 2014. I am one of those that books the parties primarily for low wait times on rides. The parades and special fireworks are secondary to me, atmosphere third, charachters a long fourth down the list.

I find wait times in general very low across the board. Many walk-ons, some 5-10 mins. Popular rides like 7DMT tend to stay pretty elevated though, like 45+ mins, but that can vary depending on the date. Even that ride will dip to 20ish during the fireworks.

There is no FP distribution during the party, so standby lines tend to move at a decent clip, from my perspective.

There certainly are parts of the parties that "feel" crowded (eg, the hub), but for me, I find the ride wait times generally very low and totally manageable.

IMO, the hard ticket events are huge time sinks. There are certain things that are only out for the parties. Do you go on Space Mountain which is always there or meet the 7 Dwarfs? Waiting for 7D, it can be 2 hours at times. Do you want to spend half the party waiting on 1 M&G. Then, the parades are huge time sinks for a decent spot. There goes an 1-2 hours waiting for those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter