• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When your adult children enjoy DVC

WOW

DIS Veteran
DVC is such a beautiful thing!!! We bought OKW in 1993 and have always loved Disney, of course, the children were much younger then.

My son who is 26 recently moved to Tampa and we have met at WDW several times since he moved. This weekend he and his girlfriend stayed at SSR in a studio for 2 nights. He kept text and pic messaging me the entire time. He has so many great memories there and he kept talking about them and how he wished that we were all together. He now has such a adult view of WDW and is totally in love with it all!!!! That was always our hope, that they would continue their love of Disney and our wish has come true!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

When you wish upon a star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pmcpmc said:
married there :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

This is my dream! I joke with my son (5) about him getting married - I say "what is the first question you ask a girlfriend before you ask her to marry you?" He says "Do you like DisneyWorld?" Then I say "and what do you say to her if she says no she doesn't" to which he replies "Don't let the door hit you on the way out." LOL. :rotfl:Seriously though, I would love to help plan a wedding at WDW. How cool. :)

mamatojon said:
This is my dream! I joke with my son (5) about him getting married - I say "what is the first question you ask a girlfriend before you ask her to marry you?" He says "Do you like DisneyWorld?" Then I say "and what do you say to her if she says no she doesn't" to which he replies "Don't let the door hit you on the way out." LOL. :rotfl:Seriously though, I would love to help plan a wedding at WDW. How cool. :)

:rotfl2:

I told my DD (11) if she wants us to pay for her wedding, it better take place in DW! :earboy2:

Seriously though we hope to pass SSR on to them (DD & DS) someday & hope they love DW just as much as they do now!

My DS had not been to WDW since he was 18. Two years ago, we used the Daytona 500 to get him to Florida, and of course, we had to stay at the BWV. ;) He announced prior to the trip that he would not be spending any time at the parks, so he was not getting a ticket. :earseek: Once he checked in, he changed his mind and purchased a park-hopper! (Guess the pixie dust was too strong for him!)

Fast forward to today: he is now almost 30 years old, and since Daytona, he has stayed on our points 3 times! He's hooked!! :rotfl: We have a big family trip planned for Dec. 3, and I just cannot wait to be there with both of my grown children! :grouphug: (DD has always been a Disney fan and recently converted her BF.)

When I see them enjoying themselves, it just makes DVC seem so right!! And beautiful, as you posted, WOW.

Me, DH, and our grown-up kids... :cloud9:

Mine also got married there! :flower: By the way, there is no planning at WDW--they provide you with a wedding planner! :earseek: You just say I want this, and this, and this, and sign the check, and then *Poof* it's part of the wedding! :teeth:

You know, I bought back in 1997 when my teens didn't want to go to WDW anymore, so we thought 200 pts would do just fine for DH and myself. We got just one trip alone, before we ended up with :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: so we kept buying points! Now, in January, I receive emails from the kids asking when "our" trips are going to be for the year! DVC has become our family time, since the kids are scattered around the country, and I am the "keeper of the points". I also pay the dues, but that's another thread. :teeth:

Our son met our daughter-in-law when they were both in the WDW College Program. Needless to say, they're both huge WDW fans. (I've accused my son of doing the WDWCP just to find an appropriately Disney-fied wife.)

They've joined us on our last two DVC trips and we plan many more in the future. When we're too old to stay upright on the ECV, they'll continue to enjoy DVC. We put their names on the contract.

For a parent, life doesn't get much better than enjoying DVC with our grown-up Disney kids. One of these days while we're there, I'll be able to hold a little hand and say, "See over there? That's where your Daddy met your Mommy!"

(Makes me verklempt just thinking about it.)

DisFlan

DD eventually divorced her (not-so)DH, because of differences in background--we are all huge fans, and his family was "you did it once, why go back?" They couldn't overcome the differences :teeth: Now, that's one of DD's first questions when she meets a new guy!!

Our last "family" trip was to WDW when DS was 16. Now that we live in Arizona and he's still in Michigan, we're meeting there in (OMG - less than 4 weeks!!!) for an early Christmas holiday. We're getting a 2BR; enough room for everyone to have space - of course, we're giving him the 'studio' :rotfl2:

Cruelladeville said:
Mine also got married there! :flower: By the way, there is no planning at WDW--they provide you with a wedding planner! :earseek: You just say I want this, and this, and this, and sign the check, and then *Poof* it's part of the wedding! :teeth:

Oh my gosh... trust me... it's not that easy!

We had an awesome wedding, but seriously... especially if you have a custom wedding (more than 20 people)... there is definitely planning involved. We actually had the issue of having to re-plan our entire wedding (and change it to one day earlier) 3 weeks beforehand, due to the construction at the Living Seas, which was supposed to be our reception location. My friends and family started to get worried because of the stress weight I lost during those last three weeks.

But like I said, in the end it was awesome.

647.jpg

I look forward to being able to share WDW with our kids and their kids one of these days... :goodvibes

DVCajun said:
I look forward to being able to share WDW with our kids and their kids one of these days... :goodvibes

I know, I'm planning our next trip, the trips in the next few years, and in the back of my mind I'm planning on the day I take my grandchildren. :grouphug:

I had to chuckle when i read this thread. I sent my recent food and wine pictures to my son in college and he said, hey mom, how about planning a food and wine trip for us next year. I thought he meant him and his roommate or something and i said, for who? he goes, for me and you! i said, well, everyone will want to go, not just us! Then it hit me, he's turning 21 soon and wants to experience the food and WINE trip, lol. :teeth:

Wow, that was a real sweet post. Although our children are only 5 and 14 months we hope they continue to love to take WDW trips even in their adult years with us. :)

aJust reading this with an 8 and 11 year old reminds me of why i wanted to join. Definitely doing that SSR add on now!

DisFlan said:
Our son met our daughter-in-law when they were both in the WDW College Program. Needless to say, they're both huge WDW fans. (I've accused my son of doing the WDWCP just to find an appropriately Disney-fied wife.)

They've joined us on our last two DVC trips and we plan many more in the future. When we're too old to stay upright on the ECV, they'll continue to enjoy DVC. We put their names on the contract.

For a parent, life doesn't get much better than enjoying DVC with our grown-up Disney kids. One of these days while we're there, I'll be able to hold a little hand and say, "See over there? That's where your Daddy met your Mommy!"

(Makes me verklempt just thinking about it.)

DisFlan

Dh and I also met on the CP!!! My in-laws gave us a stay a BWV for our honeymoon and we bought into SSR right then and there!! We already knew we loved Disney, why not stay there forever :love:

pouncingpluto said:
Oh my gosh... trust me... it's not that easy!

We had an awesome wedding, but seriously... especially if you have a custom wedding (more than 20 people)... there is definitely planning involved. We actually had the issue of having to re-plan our entire wedding (and change it to one day earlier) 3 weeks beforehand, due to the construction at the Living Seas, which was supposed to be our reception location. My friends and family started to get worried because of the stress weight I lost during those last three weeks.

But like I said, in the end it was awesome.

647.jpg

I just have to comment on how beautiful your pic is! Absolutely MAGICAL!!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

We found out our purchase of a resale contract went through right before we left for our Oct trip to SSR with our two adult children (21 & 18 yr) and their SO. All six of us had a blast and created alot of wonderful memories. Both of our kids were already planning when we could go again before we left.

I wish we bought in sooner.

Cruelladeville said:

Hey, that's my kind of planning! Sounds dreamy - except the signing the check part! :earseek:

hi: My kids have enjoyed wdw for years. I just added on points at our home resort (bwv) and added my ds and ddil's names as authorized users for our points. this is their christmas present. They will now have access to all our points so they can take our dgs on trips, but we will still be paying the dues. Eventually, the contracts will be split equally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter