When will we know opening day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm ideally for me it would open right after Thanksgiving. I might cancel my trip since I really don't want to deal with the crowds, right now we have the Yacht Club booked so we'd be right at the thick of it.

I want a trip in before Galaxy’s edge (next trip isn’t planned till 2021 and I don’t want to wait that long for a trip

I am waiting to book until they announce

I'm so hoping for more info about the WDW opening date! Even just narrowing it down would help. We have an early November trip planned. I'm hoping SW:GE opens after that, but I'm getting more and more nervous that we'll be right near opening day.

I honestly don't know if we'll cancel or go. We wouldn't go with the kids after opening, but this will be our first adult-only trip. I don't think we can move the trip, so if it comes down to going at opening or canceling I just don't know...This may be our one and only chance to visit without the kids. (Sounds dramatic, but one of our kids has special needs and may not live independently. My parents are getting older, and if we wait a few years they may no longer be in a position to watch the kids for a long weekend.)

Yes it will be crowded but a crowded trip is better than NO trip at all. :)

Well I think I’d be pissed if I booked an end of the summer trip this year lol crowds crowds crowds. ESP first week of September during quiet time

Last edited:
Well I think I’d be posted if I booked an end of the summer trip this year lol crowds crowds crowds. ESP first week of September during quiet time

Imagine all the folks who booked for Oct/Nov/Dec banking on being there opening day, and rooms got filled up during the Free Dining promotion. The offsite hotels are going to be booming.

Aug. 19th...well, that's one way to boost the slowest crowd month of the year! Those who had a trip already booked that month with free dining are pretty lucky :)

So the rides are opening in phases? That's a little weird. I don't know what to do with my Thanksgiving reservation. It'll now have been open a few months maybe it won't be terrible then?

Yes another bonus for me with this news. I have trips in July and November. Best of both worlds.

We're going this July and probably next June. We'll see it all eventually, but traveling with my parents for their first trip this summer. The quieter the better for this trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter