• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will we be able to book vacations for later 2021?

Hi DISers!

When do we think that we will be able to book for WDW vacations after 9/25/2021? That is the time we have selected aligning with our Disney cruise for honeymoon 2.0 and our (yet again) postponed wedding. Hoping it’s soon so we have a better idea of what to expect budget-wise.

No one really knows as of now. We’re looking to visit in October 2021 over Halloween and are (not so) patiently waiting as well.

It's sort of driving me insane at this point not to know. I mean, I understand that Disney's dealing with a lot right now. And maybe they're trying to figure out the 50th thing given that they have had financial issues and covid to deal with. I'm sure they're still working on rescheduling/reshuffling hotel bookings. I just want to book my trip though...I don't even care if I have to reschedule it later or whatever. I don't care about parades or fireworks or character meet and greets or anything else that some might consider "diminished offerings". I just want to go and the only time I can go that's not impossibly hot as a teacher is December, so I have to wait. I think the only silver lining is that I might have more money to spend on a longer trip or better accommodations.

I wonder if part of it is due to mostly DVC being open. DVC members can't book at their home resort until 11 months out. If they are moving people to DVC and don't have enough cash rooms on the DVC side to do it, maybe they don't want to risk DVC not being able to book. However, I suspect they haven't been moving people until much closer to their stays. Also, there's uncertainty.

I wonder if part of it is due to mostly DVC being open. DVC members can't book at their home resort until 11 months out. If they are moving people to DVC and don't have enough cash rooms on the DVC side to do it, maybe they don't want to risk DVC not being able to book.
No they are using the 60 day breakage clause for DVC inventory to reschedule guests currently. The hold for dates after Sept. 26th 2021 is clearly 50th Anniversary related at this point in my personal view.

Dave

FYI....I have a reservation for the last week of Oct/2021....booked it 2 weeks ago!

Can’t confirm what the PP booked, but there is an agency with exclusive deals that include dates thru Oct 31, 2021.

Can’t confirm what the PP booked, but there is an agency with exclusive deals that include dates thru Oct 31, 2021.
Yes, that is true.

Doesn't happen to help me, though, as I want to book New Year's Eve 2021. That's not available anywhere yet. Looking forward to that becoming available so I can have something booked & paid for to look forward to.

Is anyone going to share which agency it is?

FYI....I have a reservation for the last week of Oct/2021....booked it 2 weeks ago!
We also have reservations at Pop Oct. 22-30,2021 . Now if the masks are still mandatory we will be canceling.

We also have reservations at Pop Oct. 22-30,2021 . Now if the masks are still mandatory we will be canceling.

That was one of the biggest reasons i booked thru them....I told them I wouldn't b coming IF the mask mandate was still in effect.

From my friend, CM who used to work for DVC & has lots of friends still there, he said right now they are concerned because: you have all these DVC members with points who are going to want to use them by the end of 2021 & resorts and parks that are not being filled to the point that they are cancelling or delaying openings....thereby filling up DVC rooms with regular resort guest.

Then you have the 50th Anniversary plans & a potential first vaccine potentially coming out by the end of this year. There are also real concerns that many of the CM from World Showcase won't be allowed to return to the USA before 2022 and the college program is defunct for now which will limit the amount of resort and park CM they have. They also have transportation issues if too many people book rooms before buses, the other monorail, some of the boats, etc. are back up as well.

As he put it, "there are so many balls up in the air, it could be tomorrow or April before you can book for the end of the year."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter