When will the tram re open?

birdmom

ONE BY ONE THE BIRDS TOOK MY SANITY!!!
Has anyone heard when the tram is going to re open? I fear the walk (even from disabled parking) is going to be to far for hubby to walk.

I don't see it in the near future. There are ECVs available at the parking lot.

If you think it will be an issue I would definitely try to find another option. Could you drop him off on the Harbor side and then meet him on the Esplanade after you park and come through? Also, I would consider not only walking to the park, but the walk back to parking.

I started feeling a hot spot around 6 p.m. Then we went on Space with a 30 minute wait and my feet started hurting, then my hips and low back, all in that 30 minute wait. I hobbled back to the parking structure. Clearly I hadn't been able to prepare for 9.5 hours in the park. The shoes (with relatively new inserts) I've worn on nearly every walk for the past year (unless I was wearing hiking shoes or sandals) have never bothered my feet, but they weren't up to the task yesterday -- or my feet weren't. It was the kind of situation where I would've loved to have the tram. We rarely took the tram in pre C19, but we did sometimes take it out when we didn't feel like going to DtD on the way back to parking. I wanted to cry it hurt so bad on the walk back to the car.

There are also some off-site parking options as the hotels are harbor blvd that offer all-day parking. They can be limited, but the walk to the hotels is much shorter than to the structure.

There are also some off-site parking options as the hotels are harbor blvd that offer all-day parking. They can be limited, but the walk to the hotels is much shorter than to the structure.
Do you know what hotels offer it? Do I have to call in advance to buy parking? we are going on mothers day

Do you know what hotels offer it? Do I have to call in advance to buy parking? we are going on mothers day
Anaheim hotel allows parking, but their lot is somewhat small. You show them this coupon, though @WebmasterMaryJo said they charged her the full $25

someone on another thread parked at the Fairfield inn and paid $25 (cash only).
A13BF850-1B4C-4A42-92E4-C88AA7C9C85F.jpeg

Anaheim hotel allows parking, but their lot is somewhat small. You show them this coupon, though @WebmasterMaryJo said they charged her the full $25

someone on another thread parked at the Fairfield inn and paid $25 (cash only).
View attachment 573418

I didn't show them the voucher (and I had it on my phone, but was in a hurry to get to DL, so forgot)

Bump. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about trams coming back? We are staying in the neighborhood near the Lilo parking spot, which would be a short walk, but adding the walk from there to the entrance is going to be a haul.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter