• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will Riviera direct incentives improve?

After staying at Riviera last week I fully understand why people love it over there. I’m kicking myself for not being able to afford buying before December 1 to get 2021 points (stupid fiscal responsibility), but am hoping to buy at some point next year. Current incentives aren’t great and prices just increased, so I'm curious as to when people expect incentives to improve.

Honestly, I am not sure they will unless things take a really downward turn.

They now have VGF priced lower so the sales of the past few months were obviously strong enough at RIV for them to not continue what was in place.

They've had some great incentives earlier this year (200 points for $176/pt). Given how much RIV sales they're doing compared to VGF, I doubt they'll have strong incentives again for awhile. Probably not at least until Poly Tower comes on board.

Bummer. I know that incentives were good earlier on. Hopefully after tilting towards GF Riviera sales dip and DVC decides to put them on sale again as well. We can be patient, I guess, particularly as availability doesn’t seem to be a huge issue there when we like to travel.

They've had some great incentives earlier this year (200 points for $176/pt). Given how much RIV sales they're doing compared to VGF, I doubt they'll have strong incentives again for awhile. Probably not at least until Poly Tower comes on board.
I took advantage of that.

Things is we paid $165 for Poly in 2015 so that was only $11/pt more some 7 yrs later.

It will be when sales start going down. People seem to prefer it to VGF, or they already have VGF points And don’t want to buy more.

We are VGF people In our hearts, not Riviera people, but I do admit its a beautiful looking property.

I wouldn't count on pricing to go down. If you want wait until the next rumored change in incentives will occur, buy in before then, and use the 10 day cancellation option then to switch to the new offer.

In reality we are in the okay but not great deal part of Riviera at this point moving forward. "Great" deals on a direct resort happen when it first opens or when Disney has been shutdown because of a pandemic for months.

Would you consider RIV resale? It’s cheaper. The downside is you can only stay at the RIV and possibly if you ever wanted to sell it. But you have a margin of safety built in by starting with RIV resale.

Would you consider RIV resale? It’s cheaper. The downside is you can only stay at the RIV and possibly if you ever wanted to sell it. But you have a margin of safety built in by starting with RIV resale.
I have looked at resale but I don’t think so unless they were cheap enough that we wouldn’t mind losing points sometimes. We like having flexibility, and probably would alternate staying at Riviera and staying at Beach Club. Realistically we usually travel in January but I fantasize about adding a December trip as well. And we might want a 2BD or someday we might spring for a 3. So without direct points we would probably end up with too many some years and not enough others, even with a 2 year rotation.

Sub $125, I might consider sucking it up and dealing with the aggravation of not being able to use my points as I want. Direct I would be interested at $175 for sure, $200+ is harder to justify. We have plenty of points. I just like the idea of having more beyond 2042.

If the economy goes south, which it seems to be, and more and more people put a hold on buying luxury items like timeshares, historically disney will then offer better incentives. AKV during the real estate bubble burst had some great incentives

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter