• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will BCV be sold out by? Is WLV sold out?

Patpat15

DVCer
Does anyone have a ballpark on when they think the BCV will be sold out. Also has WLV been sold out yet?

Thanks

VWL is closed for new memberships. Add-ons are available while inventory remains, but some use years are sold out.

It's hard to predict when BCV will sell out. I'll leave that to someone else to answer.

VWL (with 181 rooms) took just over a year to reach the point of no sales to new purchasers. BCV is somewhat larger (205) and I assume that sales are not as brisk now as they were before Sep 11; I'd guess 20 months to 2 years.

Hi there,

Don't quote me on the exact day but I believe BCV started pre sales on the 3rd of Feb, The resort is not due to open till Aug02.

Stevie Kay
Inverness
Scotland

VWL has only 136 units, while BCV has 208 (I think) units, that is 52% more units to sell in a down economy. It will probably take over two years to sell BCV.

ralphd:) :) :)

I believe you are correct, my count on VWL was wrong. Sales of BCV began Feb 3.

I think BCV will sell out within 18 -24 months from this month. That puts it into late 2003 or early 2004, just in time to start pre sell for the Villas at the Disney Institute. Boy I can't wait to pay $100 per point for there. I still don't understand that one.

Can't imagine $100 per point, but I'm sure inflation will take it that high.

ralphd:) :) :) :)

We just bought on 2/20 while down there, and I can tell you that they were packed-- we actually had to wait for a Quality Assurance rep to meet with us after we gave the OK. We are thrilled to be new owners at the BCV!

Originally posted by roadtripper
We just bought on 2/20 while down there, and I can tell you that they were packed-- we actually had to wait for a Quality Assurance rep to meet with us after we gave the OK. We are thrilled to be new owners at the BCV!

WELCOME TO THE DIS & DVC!

Thanks so much--
And may I just say that we never would have bought if I had not been an obsessive lurker on these boards for the past year. I have learned so much from all of you! Thanks!

I was told that they expect BCV to be the fastest sellout in DVC history.

A lot of people who were interested in DVC did not want to purchase at VWL, and waited for BCV to purchase. (I had three referrals that fit this catagory!) A lot of people who already own at BWV and wanted to add on did the same thing.

I wouldn't be suprised to hear that they are sold out within a year, if not earlier. I know my guide has been so busy he can't keep up with the calls. He says that in his case almost everyone is a current owner who is adding on, in many cases purchasing more points that they already owned. He chocks that up to the very popular location of this resort, and that the per point price is going up in a couple of months, and people are getting in under the wire so to speak.

Anne

We just returned from OKW last night. We visited the BCV models and were told that at the current brisk pace, BCV will be sold out within 9 months. Since VEP will not be ready to sell for a few years, the Villas at Disney Institute were planned to give DVC enough inventory to sell while VEP is being constructed. Since all utility lines, etc. are in place at the Institute, these units can be constructed and ready for sale in a very short timeframe, thereby filling the gap in sales inventory. By the way, we had an excellent view of the BCV while entering the Beach Club Resort and they look great. As they say, the three most important factors in real estate are location, location and location. It appears that easy access and proximity to SAB, Epcot, MGM and the Boardwalk give BCV possibly the best location of all DVC properties.

Does anyone know how long the $70.00 a point will be around, still waiting to take the plunge.

Pre Buyers remorse and second guessing problems...

I am probably going to be sorry I ever started reading this board...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter