When will Alaska 2022 cruises be posted and available to book?

Mufasa2018

Earning My Ears
Hi

I can’t seem to find this info anywhere. I am just curious how/when DCL announces the cruises and when they are available to book at the different tiers. Thanks for the help.

Mufasa

2021 Alaska cruises were announced in February 2020 - on sale end of Feb. But who knows what this year will bring.

Hi

I can’t seem to find this info anywhere. I am just curious how/when DCL announces the cruises and when they are available to book at the different tiers. Thanks for the help.

Mufasa
Really, no way of knowing when DCL will release itineraries with this situation.

Historically, generally it's around 18 months out, and over the last few years DCL seems to have adopted this pattern for release dates on new cruises:
  • "Winter": first cruise in the new year up to April/May (not including spring Panama Canal and Transatlantic) – sometime between late September to early November
  • "Summer": cruises from about May to August/September (not including fall Panama Canal and Transatlantic) – mid February to early April.
  • "Fall": September until the end of the year (ending with the last cruise starting in the old year) – generally around May.

Really, no way of knowing when DCL will release itineraries with this situation.

Historically, generally it's around 18 months out, and over the last few years DCL seems to have adopted this pattern for release dates on new cruises:
  • "Winter": first cruise in the new year up to April/May (not including spring Panama Canal and Transatlantic) – sometime between late September to early November
  • "Summer": cruises from about May to August/September (not including fall Panama Canal and Transatlantic) – mid February to early April.
  • "Fall": September until the end of the year (ending with the last cruise starting in the old year) – generally around May.

The westbound Panama Canal has been part of the ‘winter’ release for a few years now.

I’d expect summer releases to be announced sometime around March.

Thank you, this is very helpful

Th

Anyone else terrified about the pricing? Most likely this year's sailings will be canceled so that is 2 years worth of demand.

Anyone else terrified about the pricing? Most likely this year's sailings will be canceled so that is 2 years worth of demand.

Not a full normal two years though... at least initially I imagine some portion will continue to want to wait and see how it goes.

No. Any pent-up demand from die-hard cruisers will be offset by a lack of demand from people who might once have been prospective cruisers but who now are permanently turned off from cruising due to the perceived health risks, and from those former cruisers who will simply adapt to other types of vacations, and will never (or not often) feel the need to go back.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the best ports Disney go to? We have never been to Alaska and I would like to maximize the time in Alaska, rather than Vancouver or Seattle. Thanks

Does anyone know what the best ports Disney go to? We have never been to Alaska and I would like to maximize the time in Alaska, rather than Vancouver or Seattle. Thanks
The 7 night Alaska cruises sail to Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan plus a glacier day (you don't get off, you stay onboard that day). The 9 night cruise will usually go to Sitka I believe as well as Victoria? Maybe someone else can chime in on that one. We've done two 7 nights, the first one was the first itinerary I mentioned and the second one also stopped in Icy Strait Point and our Juneau day was combined with our glacier day so we only had the morning in Juneau. So they could also offer that itinerary a few times in 2022 as well.

I hope they don't announce the 2022 Alaska until after they cancel the May 2021 so I can move my credit over.
Ouch, that double negative. 🌶

There is a small benefit of cancelling summer 2021 before releasing summer 2022. When they cancel, you get your 125% FCC, park it for now, and wait for the opening-day prices for summer 2022. If they release summer 2022 before cancelling summer 2021, you won't be able to use your 2021 credit to grab the opening day prices.

I heard that Canada might be banning all cruises with more than 500 guests until the end of July at the earliest. The border is still shut until the end of February and honestly, I can see that being extended as well. We are hoping vaccines will be rolled out to everyone who wants one by the end of the summer or early fall. Hoping this just goes away by 2022 as I want to book an Alaska cruise for 2022. I have given up on my Greek one for this June.

There is a small benefit of cancelling summer 2021 before releasing summer 2022. When they cancel, you get your 125% FCC, park it for now, and wait for the opening-day prices for summer 2022. If they release summer 2022 before cancelling summer 2021, you won't be able to use your 2021 credit to grab the opening day prices.
You can move your FCC over to an existing cruise that you already have booked with a deposit, so that's not really an issue. I've done it myself.

You can move your FCC over to an existing cruise that you already have booked with a deposit, so that's not really an issue. I've done it myself.
That wasn't my point. If you (A) don't want to sink new cash into a booking, (B) still want to score 125%, and (C) want to grab the opening day prices, let Disney cancel your existing booking first - before releasing new itineraries.

I would be very surprised if Canada opens up to cruising this summer at all.

I agree!! I don't see Canada being terribly eager to open our ports. The land borders are still closed and I imagine it will be a long while before they open again; it's been a year since I've gone to get my Trader Joe's fix! with no end in sight :D

I agree!! I don't see Canada being terribly eager to open our ports. The land borders are still closed and I imagine it will be a long while before they open again; it's been a year since I've gone to get my Trader Joe's fix! with no end in sight :D
While our last trip "state side" was by plane (Aulani, March 2020), our last car trip was mid February (Family Day weekend). We live 20 minutes within 3 border crossings here in the south coast of BC, it's still very strange not to be able to go across the border to hit up TJ's and Fred Meyer. DH and I were talking about this on the weekend and said when the land border finally does open we will still wait several weeks as there will be a LOT of pent up demand at all the crossings :oops:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!