When was the first time your parents took you to their place of birth?

I was born in the same town my mom grew up in. My dad was born on Kentucky. I know we visited frequently, so I'm guessing I was pretty young, since his mom's parents still lived there.

My grandparents lived in the same state we did (not where they were from), so it was when my grandfather retired and they moved back to their old home.....so I was about 10.

My father was from another state too. I think we visited his sister that lived in the town when I was about 6

My first memory of my moms place of birth I was 3 and she was born in my grandparents house.

My dad maybe around 6?

I was born in the same town as my parents and lived there until I was 18. I go back every year though at least once. I used to hate my hometown, now I miss it at times.

For my mom, it was when I was 8 when my Grandfather passed away.
For my dad, never. He was born in Shanghai, China and moved to California when he was 2. He never went back himself.
My nephew went trying to fine the house my dad was born in, but best we could tell it has been torn down 50 years before.

My parents were both born in Philly, and so were my sister and I. The houses they grew up in were in the same neighborhood-in my father's case, on the same street where I myself grew up.

My mom was born in the town I grew up in. My dad was born in Florida. One day I will get there.

Not sure when the first time was, but we lived only 2-3 miles from where they both grew up, so we were near there fairly often.

My mom never took us to Ireland, was too expensive for my parents I'm sure. The farm where my dad was born was no longer in existence, one of his sisters lived in the town they eventually moved to after his dad died. I have been to the cemetery in Ohio where 4 generations of my dad's family are buried.

We all were born, raised and continue to live in Southern California. Although we do live a little farther away now compared to when we were younger.

My first two brothers were born at home in the house my mother's grandmother lived in. Probably within 2 miles of where Mama lived. I didn't go there until I was about 3 or 4. We lived in the town Daddy was born in when I was about 6, I don't remember but I'm pretty sure that was the first time I was there.

I never really did. I have been to the country of my Mom’s birth but never to the town. We alway visited my Aunt where she lived. The first time I was 6. I have never been to the country of my Dad’s birth. He has not been back in many years by the time I was born.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter