• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When to eat at Palos?

aaronamy

DVC members since 2002
I know that Palos serves high tea, brunch, and dinner. How do I decide which one to do? We will probably only eat at Palos once, please help me decide. Also what is the cost. We have less than a month to go so its time to start making these important decisions!:)

Do the brunch! It costs $10/pp which includes a glass of champagne. It is an extraordinary meal, and you won't feel like you're missing as much as if you went there for dinner. The scenery's better at Palo during the day, and you can enjoy their wonderful fresh-squeezed orange juice.

Dinner's also great. It costs $5/pp.

I haven't been to the High Tea, but those who have say they've enjoyed it. There is no cost for the High Tea, but it is extremely difficult to get one of the very limited reservations for it.

We decided before hand we did not want to skip any of our dinners with the family, so our group chose brunch. I agree, it is a beautiful view during the day. Quite a change of pace, with soft music and not the loud clatter of the dining rooms. ;) Also consider, when you make your ressies, the times left may
mandate which you choose.

Why not do both the brunch and dinner?...both offer different and unique dining experiences. Also, on the 7-day cruise, you have rotation dining twice with all 3 restaurants, and a 3rd time at 1 of the restaurants. Perhaps going to Palo on the night that you have the 3rd time at a rotation restaurant would be a good change of pace....;)

is brunch offered every day? We were thinking of staying onboard in grand cayman anyway so that might be a good day for us! Plus we won't be getting to the port very early so I don't want to try and get a "peak" time.

No, the brunch is only offered on sea days (Sunday, Monday, and Thursday). It's only offered for a short while on Sunday on the Western itinerary due to the Noon arrival at Key West.

We did Palo's for brunch on Sunday 1st sea day, it also happened to be my sister's 50th B'day, which was the reason for going on the cruise. It was great, and I agree with Dave, the oj is to die for. As for dinner, we went on the last night, thought it would be a perfect way to end the trip.
We weren't able to get reservations for tea, but would love to try that too.

donna

Off topic....but can you request the fresh sqeezed O.J. in the regular dining rooms if you are having breakfast, instead of the other stuff??? I usually have them mix their O.J. with cranberry just to be able to get it down. Would love to have the fresh stuff in the regular dining room!!!

I remember way back when the Poly used to serve Fresh Squeezed O.J. at the Minnie Menehune Character Breakfast...it was sooooo goood!!!!

MJ

We did High Tea, Brunch and Dinner.

All three did not disappoint us, but brunch was my favorite and not to be missed. You can't beat the view during the day.

We did both the brunch and dinner on our Western Cruise. We did the brunch on Monday morning and the dinner on Tuesday night. Both were well worth the money. If you were going to do one or the other, I would go with the dinner. Every entree on their dinner menu was superb and the chocolate souflee is to die for. With tips it ended up costing us 20 dollars per person for breakfast and 20 dollars per person for dinner.

Can you make ressies for both brunch and dinner during the Ressie Scramble or does it have to be one or the other with the other on a waiting list?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter