When should I start worrying?

I loveStitchnippyjon

DIS Veteran
OK, so I shipped a package at our local shipping store (here in New York) with gifts for my DD and DSIL in Texas. Box was shipped on 11/30 with estimated delivery on 12/5. The online tracking says the box is still in transit. What worries me is that the box has not been scanned at all since departure. Usually FedEx scans a package at each transfer point!
Am I just being paranoid or should I have the shipping store start a tracking search? Luckily I bought extra insurance, but I don't think I can replace these gifts quickly....

OK, so I shipped a package at our local shipping store (here in New York) with gifts for my DD and DSIL in Texas. Box was shipped on 11/30 with estimated delivery on 12/5. The online tracking says the box is still in transit. What worries me is that the box has not been scanned at all since departure. Usually FedEx scans a package at each transfer point!
Am I just being paranoid or should I have the shipping store start a tracking search? Luckily I bought extra insurance, but I don't think I can replace these gifts quickly....
When did the box leave? If you dropped the box off on the 30th, it's POSSIBLE it didn't leave the NY site until 12/3. I don't know if it will go direct from NY to Texas, but as long as it says 'in transit', I'd let it be. I've noticed they update the estimated delivery online... does it still say '12/5' there? If there's no other scan by mid afternoon tomorrow (12/6), I'd call.

I wouldn't worry yet, but I would call. What I learned from the postal service is that they can see more information on their screens than the regular user can see by accessing the same tracking number on-line. Fedex may be able to do the same. And the way it always works with me is, it will show up the day after I call! Good luck!

I recently moved to Central Texas. I have discovered that the mail is like the drawl.....slow ;)
If its not there tomorrow, I would followup

Who gave you the 5th as the estimated delivery date? Ground packages from NJ to TX are usually 5 business days which would mean estimated delivery on the 7th not the 5th.

ETA: Fed Ex and UPS really stink with their tracking this time of the year. Most of my packages (ship anywhere between 20-50 per day) have not been updating until they are out for delivery. Just try and be patient a few more days. Even if you contacted Fed Ex they will give you the run around until it's blatently clear that it's definitely lost and not bogged down somewhere.

The systems seem to update in the evenings....
Meanwhile, I got a shipment from England to NY faster than a package from Pa to NY..:rotfl:
Hope it arrives, Im pretty confident it will!

The systems seem to update in the evenings....
Meanwhile, I got a shipment from England to NY faster than a package from Pa to NY..:rotfl:
Hope it arrives, Im pretty confident it will!

Another issue in this area is Sandy as well. We are still not receiving mail in a timely manner. It is sometimes taking a full week for something to go just a state or two away. :confused:

It's just a crappy time of year overall. Fed Ex and UPS however rarely flat out lose a package :) I am sure it will get there soon for the OP.

I wouldn't worry yet, but I would call. What I learned from the postal service is that they can see more information on their screens than the regular user can see by accessing the same tracking number on-line. Fedex may be able to do the same. And the way it always works with me is, it will show up the day after I call! Good luck!

You're right! I called FedEx last night and the person I spoke with said "hmmmm...(pause).... I'll put a track on it" which told me that whatever she saw on her screen raised a red flag.
This morning, I see that the package has miraculously arrived in Ft. Worth in the early hours! Hopefully it will be delivered either today or tomorrow. :thumbsup2
Thanks, everyone, for talking me down off the ledge!:rotfl2: Christmas stress is the worst.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter