• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When should I go??

1BigDisneyFan

Earning My Ears
Hi there!
We bought Annual Passes this past June when we made our first trip home! Seeing as how we have until June 2006 to use our passes again, we are planning to go back home again before June arrives.

Question is, when is the best time to go. November, December and January are out because we have a newborne (October baby) who would not be up to the flying and all the activity. We were thinking about some time between February and May. I know April gets bad because of Easter, but what about the other times?

I HATE crowds. Is February to cold to swim, etc.?

I remember seeing a link to another page which had details about the crowd levels for each month (maybe even each week, I forget). Can anyone help me plan when to go.

Thanks

Feb. is usually too chilly for swimming, May is a nice time to go. Early May would be best IMHO. Have fun!

We we've been there in January & February and it was wonderful... you could just walk on to the rides! My DS did RR 11 times in a row in less than 1 hour! The weather was fine during the day. A little cool at night but we did fine in sweatshirts and light jackets. It was warm enough to swim mid day... most of the days.

BUT in February we also hit what we refer to as "Black Monday" which was the day after the Daytona 500!!! OMG! It was busier than Christmas!! And I'm not sure how long those people stayed because it was our last day. But every other day of the week was wonderful. (That year the race was on Feb 15th, we were there from the 7th on.)

We've also been in mid April which wasn't that bad... the Spring break crowds are worse in March. But if I had to go again I would probably go the end of April or early May... I've heard that is a great time.

Have fun planning!!

Didn't mean to imply I wouldn't go in Jan or Feb... it's March & early April I will avoid. And of course Daytona weekend. :rotfl:

We went last year the first week of February and we were COLD! Okay, it's all relative. I know those of you from the snow were probably wearing shorts. The crowds were great. Very little lines.

I just couldn't handle the cold rain. Blah!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter