When people want to argue...

Ds4angels

DIS Veteran
A family involved with an event my kids are in went between Christmas and NYE. Did no checking into how busy, how to make FP (until a week before) just total rookie mistakes.
So the dad asks me how we made out on our trip, was it crowded, etc. Said good, used the FP wisely, most days was able to score a 4th and 5th FP. He proceeds to tell me he didn't want to pay for extra FP. Told him we didn't, explained how it works. He almost insisted I was wrong :sad2:
Then he's saying his wife is going to be spending over $200 on photos. I explained they can just buy memory maker and get all the photos. Then he says he has to pay for each download, so they have to buy the disk. (You can buy memory maker after the fact not? And if you do it doesn't cost extra to download correct?)
Honestly the guy just wanted to argue. I'm like "dude, I'm a Dis member. I'm in the know" of course I didn't say that I just smiled and thought of standing on Main Street :flower1:

It's amazing that when you tell people they should really make their FPPs, as they are well within their window and they look at you and reply casually, "Yeah, I guess I'll have to get on that sometime."

No! Now! Stop what you're doing and sign in to make your FPPs! Time's a-wasting!

As hard as it is for me to believe there are a fair number of folks who believe that you have to pay extra for FP. They don't read the Map at all, have no idea they can get even 3 for free.

Some people are like that, it's kind of baffling (at least to me). People know I love all things Disney where we live and have asked me for tips or advice and it never fails that there is someone who will be like the man you encountered. Nothing you say will convince them that you know what you're talking about!

I had someone ask me about Disney,they knew I go almost every year, they were going for first the time.
then question everything I tell them and on several things tell me I was wrong,
I finally just said you obviously know all about Disney is it OK if I get your help next time I plan a trip.
They got mad and actually said if I did not want to help just say so.

Internet rule of thumb ...

If you're heavily involved in an online forum for a niche (or not so niche) topic, most everyone in "RL" will have no idea what you're talking about. :)

I run into this every time one of my coworkers goes on the cheapest, oldest cruise ship they can find as their very first cruise, and then act like I'm insane for enjoying cruising. :)

I was rather shocked to see the large numbers of people waiting in LINE to use the fast pass kiosks, when I could visibly see smartphones in their hands! What a waste of time that just a little research could have prevented!

I was rather shocked to see the large numbers of people waiting in LINE to use the fast pass kiosks, when I could visibly see smartphones in their hands! What a waste of time that just a little research could have prevented!
I have had a time or two where my smart phone would not work so I used the kiosk, Disney wifi can be so annoying some times, but I do agree probably most people do not know this. I have seen less people using the kiosk after they started to let you use your phone.

I agree some people just want to argue! My coworker yesterday was asking me how I can go to Disney all the time for so cheap when I don't have a AP. He did not believe me, even when I showed him the deal on Disney's website. He still insisted that he was gonna buy tickets for $50 bucks a piece from his brother's friend who could get them for cheap. *can someone say scam*

Or their smart phones may not support the latest MDE update, mine doesn't. Mind you, I could still get to it going through a web browser and going on line instead of using the ap, which was slow and at times does not work in the parks. I'm getting a new phone before my trip next month.

If you stay on site don't you bombarded with e-mails and mailers telling you to book your FPs? I ignore mine since I go so often but I could swear I've seen them.

Or their smart phones may not support the latest MDE update, mine doesn't. Mind you, I could still get to it going through a web browser and going on line instead of using the ap, which was slow and at times does not work in the parks. I'm getting a new phone before my trip next month.

If you stay on site don't you bombarded with e-mails and mailers telling you to book your FPs? I ignore mine since I go so often but I could swear I've seen them.

Many people actually stay offsite.

Yes. There is no reason not to know about FP, unless you willing make a choice not to read anything emailed or mailed to you

As hard as it is for me to believe there are a fair number of folks who believe that you have to pay extra for FP. They don't read the Map at all, have no idea they can get even 3 for free.
Other amusement parks do charge extra for their version of this, so I guess they assume.

Other amusement parks do charge extra for their version of this, so I guess they assume.
Yes, I do realize where their source for thinking that comes from. Still amazes me how many people out there don't read.
I can give those who are off site some leeway, as they may well not even get their tickets till they walk up to the counter that morning and have no MDE account. But it is right there on the map and there are a few signs around.
Anyone staying on site has very little excuse for not knowing, the info is all over, before and during their trip.

Internet rule of thumb ...

If you're heavily involved in an online forum for a niche (or not so niche) topic, most everyone in "RL" will have no idea what you're talking about. :)

I run into this every time one of my coworkers goes on the cheapest, oldest cruise ship they can find as their very first cruise, and then act like I'm insane for enjoying cruising. :)

I ran into this just last year. A former coworker decided to try cruising to see if she liked it. She booked 2 nights on some line/ship I've never heard of and paid, I think, less than $99pp. She came back and said she didn't enjoy it at all and cruising just isn't for her. I saw a photo of her stateroom. . .I assume the rest of the ship is just as bad.

Yes, I do realize where their source for thinking that comes from. Still amazes me how many people out there don't read.
I can give those who are off site some leeway, as they may well not even get their tickets till they walk up to the counter that morning and have no MDE account. But it is right there on the map and there are a few signs around.
Anyone staying on site has very little excuse for not knowing, the info is all over, before and during their trip.
Not attempting to make excuses for them.
I have family like this. They are not planners.
They would walk up to Disney at the gates and purchase a park ticket like they were visiting the city zoo, then get their shorts in a knot because they couldn't eat at a nice restaurant with no reservations, and the rides have long lines.
And it rains. You mean they don't hand out poncho's? Lol
So I often tell myself these things to keep from wringing their necks. Lol

We stay offsite so I received nothing whatsoever from Disney, but I guess I just always go on the net and find places like the DIS before every kind of trip. I can't enjoy a trip if I'm not well-prepared. It always pays off for me! I agree wholeheartedly about the wifi being spotty but the MDE app worked just fine on my data plan with ATT as well. The app itself was buggy though. Overall I found it very easy...

I have a co-worker who told me about how his wife just loved planning their trip and since they were only doing Disney once they'd paid extra for the fast pass option lol. My other fav is a mom at my kids school who was trying to convince me that unless we went for deluxe dining we couldn't have character meals. I just smile and nod - people who want to think their money bought a better trip cannot be argued with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter