When paying OOP, top 3 best value and quality meals

hopeful4fl

DisneySpirit
With all the Disney planning and theme restaurants, it might help to get people's views on what they perceive as the top 3 values (relatively speaking) at Disney, specially if not on the DP. Mine are:

#3 - Spice Road - Right price, good quantity and quality and excellent view of fireworks when you catch them.

#2 - Raglan Road - Excellent entertainment, good price, awesome beer selection and good food.

#1 - Boma breakfast - without a doubt #1 for us, this has the right selection of food you cannot find anywhere, right price and awesome ambiance. MUCH cheaper than the dinner option, which is also great, but from a value point did not break the top 3 for us.

Again, not the best restaurants per se, but the best value.

50's Prime Time...large, delicious, reasonably priced meals
The Wave breakfast buffet...very tasty, never crowded, and affordable

Trail's End buffet all meals is probably the least expensive buffet on property and offers lots of American choices (nothing exotic)
Flame Tree Bar-b-cue CS is not the least expensive, BUT the portions are HUGE (really, really huge) so are easily sharable.
The Plaza in MK is probably the "best deal" for TS, especially in MK. The food is (again) basic American, but it's fresh and reasonably priced, especially
for theme park cost...

Again, not the best restaurants per se, but the best value.

Best Value for Us:

Honorable Mention - Tiffins dining package for River of Lights. Pre fixe dinner is same price as selecting a la carte, but you also get a ticket to the show.....but dinner is expensive.

#4 - Marrakesh - bigger portions than Spice Road. But Spice Road, with it's views of the water (with or without Illuminations) is lovely too.

#3 - 50's Prime Time - are there bigger portions anywhere at Disney World? The only way I can finish eating all my green beans is by slumping over my plate with elbows on the table....loving every last morsel.

#2 - Signatures at Swan & Dolphin - if you have young children, Signatures at Swan & Dolphin provide free childcare and dinner (two-hours, reservations required, some restrictions may apply). That's a real savings for many of us (since Disney charges $60, albeit, for better service).

#1 - Breakfast at Fresh (inside Dolphin). You can make a case for any of the buffet breakfasts at Disney that include Smoked Salmon (i.e., Cape May, Wave, Akershus includes Princesses), but we enjoy the fresh juices (i.e., carrot, beet, ginger, wheatgrass, etc.). I start with carved meat with eggs, move on to a Mickey Waffle, and wash it all down with a juice that costs $8 all by itself (if this was available a la carte anywhere else at Disney). I always feel as if I get my $20 worth of food when leaving here.....even if it was only breakfast.

FWIW, top three for food: 3.) Capa, 2.) BlueZoo, 1.) V&A

Last edited:

#2 - Signatures at Swan & Dolphin - if you have young children, Signatures at Swan & Dolphin provide free childcare and dinner (two-hours, reservations required, some restrictions may apply). That's a real savings for many of us (since Disney charges $60, albeit, for better service).
What?!?! I did not know that. How do I get more info about that, because we would love a meal sans kids

No love for Flame Tree yet?
For QS, Flame Tree is always mentioned as one of the best. I'd say it's great (for DisneyWorld, that is.) The value is outstanding, as well.

I'll also vote for something at The Swan: Kimonos Sushi. That's a really good value, imo. I'd suggest that if you like sushi, stick to the "basics" and you'll have some good quality at good price points. If you're in the Epcot / DHS area, and you like sushi, Kimonos should be on your radar.

I thought Teppan Edo was a very good value for the price. You can order either beef, chicken, shrimp, scallops, tofu or salmon (prices range from $24 to $36 for an entree) and it comes with salad, noodles, vegetables and rice and free non-alcoholic beverage refills. The children's meals give you smaller portions of chicken ($14), beef or shrimp ($14.50) and it comes with the same extras. The chef also puts on a little show while cooking.

Last edited:

Katsura Grill was a pretty good value for QS I thought in Japan. I liked being able to order steamed rice for $2.

We have done OOP for the past 2 years, and eat mostly QS. Our fav's are BOG, andapura food company at AK, Kona, and our resort QS restaurant.

I thought Teppan Edo was a very good value for the price. You can order either beef, chicken, shrimp, scallops, tofu or salmon (prices range from $24 to $36 for an entree) and it comes with salad, noodles, vegetables and rice and free non-alcoholic beverage refills. The children's meals give you smaller portions of chicken ($14), beef or shrimp ($14.50) and it comes with the same extras. The chef also puts on a little show while cooking.
I was really excited

Spice Road... love to have a mid-day sit by the water with the Olives and Hummus plate
Trails End buffet
Les Halles... love walking back for breakfast at RD, it's like WS is my own private park because everyone else is up front or over at FEA.

... and feel like all a good value.

Last edited:
Via Napoli--Four of us can share one pizza with no problems
Spice Road--Yummy food, reasonable prices, amazing view
Earl of Sandwich--Best $6 you can spend on QS pretty much anywhere. If one ever opens in Chicago, my wallet and waistline will be in big trouble

We are just back and I would say that Raglan Road and Homecoming were top two reasonable TS. Both very delicious. We split at Homecoming and there was more than enough for 2 to eat. At Raglan, we each ordered and it was too much food, but very delicious. Best desert at Raglan too- the lemon merengue tart!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter