When is Your Turkey Day?

We went pretty nontraditional and had Thanksgiving pizza last night for supper - my kids are both away but one will be home on break next week, so we'll do a big meal when she's home.

Sporcle has an article comparing the two holidays - apparently ours may predate the US holiday: Why Are Canadian and US Thanksgivings in Different Months?

I remember being so confused when I first read about Americans starting to celebrate the Christmas season at Thanksgiving - it seemed way, way early to me, until I found out that yours was 6 weeks after ours. That would still be early to me, but it's not crazy like it would be in October.

Reminder to my fellow Canadians - it's the last day of advance polls in most of the country. A good chance to vote on your day off!

M.
:thumbsup2 It's the thought that counts!! Thanksgiving is really more a state of mind. :laughing: We enjoyed a turkey feast with friends on Friday night so today we're eating out at that oh-so-Canadian institution - Swiss Chalet! I hope they've got something seasonal on the menu because I may be the only person in the country that hates their weird, orange sauce. :wave2:

:thumbsup2 It's the thought that counts!! Thanksgiving is really more a state of mind. :laughing: We enjoyed a turkey feast with friends on Friday night so today we're eating out at that oh-so-Canadian institution - Swiss Chalet! I hope they've got something seasonal on the menu because I may be the only person in the country that hates their weird, orange sauce. :wave2:
They have there Thanksgiving Feast thing going on, 1/4 chicken, stuffing , cranberry and potato , than slice of pie. I always have half the sauce left too, husband takes that too.

We had ours yesterday so the travellers could come from out of town and not have to go to work the next day.

Now we are having a quiet day and will have left overs for supper. We also have ham on our menu since the kids don’t like turkey . I make both my mom did too way back when .

Happy Thanksgiving to All 🍁

A convenience store chain????!!!!!

Wawa is MUCH more than a mere convenience store chain. ;)

Wawa is to Target as Royal Farms is to Walmart...as Sheetz is to Kmart .....so I've heard it said:rolleyes1
We are a split household. Some are multi-cultural, some have different religions...we are multi-convenience store! My husband grew up w/ Sheetz on the "shady side of town", I on the other hand lived on the good side of "town" and grew up with Wawa!
That is to say he's originally from western MD up near the PA line, and I'm from South Jersey.

Back back on topic - Happy Thanksgiving Day to the Canadians! American Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday - great memories!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter