When is Your Next Royal Cruise?

Same. I’m not going to do anything until Europe lifts travel bans on Americans. If nothing is life by my PIF date I’ll have to rebook two more cruises to 2022/2023.
It really is quite a downer not to have something to plan! We were going to bookend it with travel in the UK. My kids' first trip to Europe, and most of the adults' first time in Norway. At this point, I'm just hoping I can visit my parents who live in a different region of the US in 2021! The worst part is that my parents are unlikely to be able to push this cruise out far into the future safely (medical/health reasons), so I doubt we will ever have the extended family trip we'd envisioned when we booked a year ago.

Absolutely never. The process of getting refund for a 100% refundable deposit has been a multi-month odyssey of lies and delay. I currently have my state's AG office up their butts for my money, and once I have it back they will never see a cent of it or any other cent or my cash ever again.

We've got the cruise booked with Royal end of March, 2021. PIF date is Dec. 28th, but I know that it will be canceled (it's from San Juan to the southern islands), and don't want to pay in full only to sit around and wait for the refund. *sigh* perhaps they'll cancel it in time.

I'm cancelling our March 2021 today, before tomorrow's PIF date. Lift and shift isn't an option for us, so we'll take the credit. *sigh*

The current expiration date of the credit: book by 12/32/3031, sail by 04/22/2022

We just moved our Thanksgiving 2021 (originally Thanksgiving 2020) cruise on Harmony of the Seas out to Thanksgiving 2022. It'll be our first RCI cruise and we want the full experience.

Really hoping this is the last time we have to move it!

Well we got a cruise on the Harmony in Feb. of 2020 in just before all the COVID-19 stuff and lockdowns hit the fan. It was nice to get that in. For 2021, I have two USA mini five night national park trips planned, staying in condos in gateway cities - at times other than the typical school breaks (just what I'm most comfortable with at the moment). I'm in a wait and see mode for other travel -- don't want to book something that might not happen (2020 burned me out on that).

There does seem to be great hope and progress though with vaccinations. Hoping all here will get to do safe fun cruising soon and that you'll post trip reports that I can enjoy vicariously. I know DH and DS would really like to do another cruise.

Just checked our dates. Feb. 6, 2022, on Harmony OTS. It's now listed as a charter cruise, which means we are apparently cruising with the Humane Society of Polk County on their Critter Cruise. Works for us.

Just checked our dates. Feb. 6, 2022, on Harmony OTS. It's now listed as a charter cruise, which means we are apparently cruising with the Humane Society of Polk County on their Critter Cruise. Works for us.
WOW how do you see that? This will be our first time on RC.

Our cruise is April 2022, I guess it's too early for the drink package as well as a cabana at Labadee.

Well, I called and they told me they had canceled my cruise. They then told me that, because I hadn't responded to a cancellation email in the sea of junk Royal Caribbean emails I received on a daily basis within 14 days that they had canceled my cruise and if I wanted to book the same room for the date that they had told me I could book with a protected rate then I would have to pay 50% more for the room because they weren't willing to give me the protected rate.

I told him to escalate the call, so I will hear back, maybe, sometime in the next 3-4 days. If I don't get satisfaction I'm done with RCCL and I'm moving on to NCL. NCL contacted me directly when they canceled my Alaska cruise. Called me three times to talk to me about booking another cruise. I also received an email. Their customer service so far has been leaps and bounds above Disney, Princess and RCCL in my experience.

Our July Anthem cruise was officially canceled for us. The relevant excerpt:

"While we’ve been getting ready, there is still significant uncertainty surrounding resuming operations globally. But, some regions and ports are starting to welcome back travelers and encouraging cruising. Our most recent plan for Anthem of the Seas was to sail from Southampton offering European itineraries. However, as travel requirements throughout most of Europe are still unconfirmed, we’ve made the difficult decision to re-debut Anthem of the Seas in Southampton, exclusively for residents of the United Kingdom, offering Ocean Getaways and British Isles itineraries. As a result, your sailing will unfortunately be cancelled."

While the subject line was normal: "We’re sharing an important change for your upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise",
I think the body of the email was super odd, so this is very easy for a person to overlook. I thought it was the mobile version of gmail being odd, but on my laptop - this is literally what I see in the browser in my email (have to click on 'View entire message' to see any actual information):
411FF5B4-CD81-49E1-BA88-5EDB98507D13.jpeg

We are looking at April 2022 on Jewel of the Seas which will be our first RC cruise.

Hope you enjoy RC as much as my wife and I. We jumped from Disney after we reached Gold status because they just kept increasing their rates and going to the same Caribbean locations over and over. We will be Diamond with RCL after we complete our very recent booking out of Bermuda in July. We LOVE the Oasis Class but unfortunately they are not sailing them here yet. I see your Title is NC State. We live about 20 miles South of Campus. Stay Safe

Hope you enjoy RC as much as my wife and I. We jumped from Disney after we reached Gold status because they just kept increasing their rates and going to the same Caribbean locations over and over. We will be Diamond with RCL after we complete our very recent booking out of Bermuda in July. We LOVE the Oasis Class but unfortunately they are not sailing them here yet. I see your Title is NC State. We live about 20 miles South of Campus. Stay Safe
You are so right about Disney. Over priced and same ports. I couldn't believe that we can take a RC 8-nighter (balcony) for the price of a DCL 4-nighter (inside). I'm about 45 mins east from campus but I'm on campus every day for the past 33 years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter