when is the line too long for you to join?

It depends on the time of year and the ride. During less busy times, 20 minutes is the cut off point. During Spring Break we had a 40 minutes or less rule for the headliners such as Splash, and 30 minutes or less for most other rides.

I want to say i have a pretty good threshold in terms of patience. I've waited for TSM in a line for 90 minutes and oddly enough didn't find it too painful. But it has mostly been, get a fastpass for the bigger rides and if the smaller, less popular rides have a line under around 20 minutes, do them while we wait for the fastpasses to kick in.

Granted I'm a local, so I'm not rushing around to get it all done, but I typically won't wait longer than 20 minutes. The rare exceptions are Toy Story and Space Mountain :thumbsup2 where I will sometimes wait if the sign is at 45 or less.

Anything over 20 minutes is a no-no for me. Wasting that much time means you didn't plan/research enough.

Also meant to factor in time of year with the weather. If its humid like in early September, would be happy to be waiting in a nice, air conditioned queue area. Looking at the queue for ETWB I'd hate to be in that line for long in summer.
Any queue that is as detailed as say, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, I'd be happy with the wait as its a great queue.

20 minutes is my max. We are there very often as PT FL residents and I have too many orthopedic issues to be able to stand much longer than that. My eyesight prevents using an ECV, and my dh would have trouble pushing me all day due to his own medical issues.

The walking that I do in the park has improved my general ability to walk, and I can do some longer distances now, so any ride we go on is just icing on the cake. Standing is the hardest thing for me to do.

30 minutes. Which isn't usually an issue when I go (other than the most popular rides in which case I get fast passes)

on our first visit to wdw, we stood in line for soarin for 90 minutes- sign said 60, but actually took 90 mins!!! :confused3

fast forward several years, and now we don't ride anything, unless the wait is 15minutes,or preferably less! :lmao:

so, if you don't have fastpasses for rides, what's the maximum time you will stand in line, and for what attraction? :goodvibes

I am 99.9% of the time down there at Christmas time and so I know there has to be patience in the standby waiting line. We waited for Soarin our first time on the ride 2.5 hours but it was Christmas Day and no fast passes and we found the ride very late in the day. But we fast pass unless the time is under an hour. I quite honestly do not mind waiting, it's part of being there. Part of the fun and experience to me.

a fp drama?! do tell.....:goodvibes

I would like to hear this also.

I also agree with a previous post. I don't mind waiting longer in fun queues like Everest. Kali is good. Splash mountain is tolerable. I like toy story mania line too.

Peter Pan is torture to wait in that line. I use more FPs on that ride than any other.

15 minutes....no problem.

20 minutes...probably.

30 minutes....maybe.

45 minutes...find something else to do.

60 minutes....heck no.

Depends on the ride. Usually 20 minutes, though I'll wait 30 for rides like Haunted Mansion that have no FP.

Unless the kids beg and beg, and the FP return time is too late at night, and they don't want to take "we can ride it later in the trip when we can get a morning FP" for an answer. Then I'll stand in line for Space Mountain for 90 minutes. Once. lol

We work the FPs like no other. But when a wait is unavoidable... we will wait as long as needed if we really want to experience an attraction. 20-30 for most rides is my comfort zone threshold, But I'd wait longer (and have) for a show like Fantasmic.

15 minutes....no problem.

20 minutes...probably.

30 minutes....maybe.

45 minutes...find something else to do.

60 minutes....heck no.

Pretty much how I feel, except I have never gotten through TSM or Sorin in under half an hour. It usually takes 45 mins or more.

If the posted wait is over 20, we don't get in. Sometimes we'll do 30 if it's something we really, really want.

Here now over Thanksgiving. The longest line I've waited in all week was posted at 45 minutes and that was for Dumbo. The only reason I would wait in that one is that 15 minutes of that was waiting in line and the rest the kids were playing on the playground which is as much of an attraction as the ride itself (if not more so).

30 minutes has been my limit but most of our waits have been 15-20 minutes or less this week.

When it starts to get above 45 minutes we'll rethink it, depending on the attraction and who wants to see it.

I did once wait 2 hours to get into the old Pixie Hollow in Toontown because my friend's then 6 year old DD absolutely ADORED Tinkerbell.

dmdelight said:
a fp drama?! do tell.....:goodvibes

Oh, nothing major. LOL I guess I got excited and spacey and when I walked into the park for the end of the day. I saw TestTrack and was all "Oooooooo! Shiny! Me want fast pass!!" I grabbed one, and then remembered the whole reason I went back into Epcot in the first place was for Soarin', which I now couldn't get a FP for since I already had one. I ended up just getting in line for Soarin'.

Usually we don't do anything more than 45 minutes, but we did get into line for RnR that was 60 minutes this past trip. We just open up the backpack, grab a snack, and play with our phones. If the weather is nice, the wait isn't so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter