when is best time to go

disneyworldsk

DIS Veteran
kids schedules are not applicable. i can go anytime of year. when is the best time to go with weather, less rain, less crowds, no kids on vacations?

I have been in April and July.

April seemed a little cooler, a little less crowded, and for us less rain despite the fact that April should be wetter than July.

I was wondering the same... never been to Hawaii and we have a plethora of DVC points to use. Was thinking of Honeymooning there in the spring if anyone has any tips!

2nd week of Nov. still considered non peak time. Kids are still in school. Things start picking up the end of the 3 week with Thanksgiving around the corner.

We enjoy the summer for the weather, but after Thanksgiving would be a time to consider.

Last edited:

kids schedules are not applicable. i can go anytime of year. when is the best time to go with weather, less rain, less crowds, no kids on vacations?

I can only travel during high peak times/school breaks, so I’ve been to Hawaii during the following times: Spring Beak(April), late June/July 4th, Christmas/NewYears. Since you don’t want to travel during those times, any other time should be ok. Hawaii is a pretty popular destination, so there probably won’t be many times that there aren’t tourists there. The weather has been pretty warm in the 80s when I’ve gone and you may get rain in December, but it’s usually not everyday. Even in December, Oahu can be rainy while other islands are sunny.

Since no one can predict the weather, just pick the time of year that works best for you and your budget. There are times of year when hotel prices are higher, usually around the holidays. If you haven’t already, start checking hotel rates for any dates you’re interested in to see what the difference is in pricing. Happy planning.

The worst time I ever went was in february.It rained A lot.
Same! We've been to Hawaii in February, March, April, May and August and the worst weather we've had was in February. RAIN. Our last trip was March 2020 and it rained 3 out of the 6 days we were there. So. February it rained almost every day.

Where are you from?

I strongly disagree with the anti-February takes. Yeah, February in Hawaii is "worse" weather than September in Hawaii, but it's waaaaaaaay better than February in Connecticut. I'd much rather "upgrade" from a Connecticut February to a Hawaii February than from a Connecticut September to a Hawaii September.

I say the same thing to people about Walt Disney World. Don't travel when weather at your destination is the best, travel when the weather at home is the worst.

We've been once and it was January and it was fantastic. The weather was pleasant, warm and it didn't rain at all during our week there. We didn't have a single problem with crowds or lots of people (Aulani poolside chairs still went quickly but we went early and got great ones).

We spent 16 days in Hawaii in mid-late September. I would definitely go this time of year again. Schools have recently started, so we found Aulani to be relatively quiet. Its the tail-end of summer weather, so temperatures were comfortable in the 80s each day. We didn't experience a drop of rain our entire trip. We did find Maui to be noticeably windy the entire time, and Kauai was the warmest and most humid. Our weather on Oahu was perfect.

Winter months are a nice reprieve from most weather on the mainland that time of year, but you do run the risk of flight delays and issues since its dependent on weather everywhere else. It also can be cooler, rainy, and rough ocean waters during the winter. But another positive is that January-March timeframe is prime whale watching season, if that's of interest.

The temperatures in Hawaii doesn't really vary that much throughout the year. You can look at the weather channel page for Oahu and click on the monthly tab to see the averages. Of course that's based on historical data and doesn't mean that's what you will experience when you go.

We like mid October to Mid november or the Monday after Thanksgiving to the 15th of December-these are both 'off' season times so things are less busy, the weather is pleasant and travel can be less expensive.

Any day that ends in y, quoting Kevin Klose.

Oahu's weather is basically the same all year, and so is the ocean water temperature. Aulani gets very crowded over holidays because many Hawaiian residents will take staycations, and is generally more crowded in the summer with kids. Any weeks that kids are in school will be good times to go.

Where are you from?

I strongly disagree with the anti-February takes. Yeah, February in Hawaii is "worse" weather than September in Hawaii, but it's waaaaaaaay better than February in Connecticut. I'd much rather "upgrade" from a Connecticut February to a Hawaii February than from a Connecticut September to a Hawaii September.

I say the same thing to people about Walt Disney World. Don't travel when weather at your destination is the best, travel when the weather at home is the worst.
This sort of makes sense (I went in March 2020 like a PP and the rain was pretty miserable - plus things fell apart with Covid). But that said, the rain didn't stop me on the Big Island but definitely seemed to make a difference when it came to Aulani (and again - this was as Covid started really hitting home - so it's hard to tell what was paused for rain vs. covid). I ended up cancelling the 3rd leg of my trip but the rain was enough of an annoyance for me to think that late Feb/early Mar in Hawaii wasn't worth it a future year.

Where are you from?

we have only been to Hawaii in the fall, and we are taking the plunge in Feb 2022 - got to spend some DVC points and this is the earliest we feel comfortable travelling - plus $700 CDN round trip from Halifax to Oahu so….I guess I’ll be bringing a raincoat! Lol

September is beautiful….water is still plenty warm and the weather is usually great.
Glad to hear that..we are booked for September for our 25th wedding anniversary…I just hope the crowds are a little lighter then….was just watching a video and it looked super busy..there definitely didn’t look like any type of reduced capacity

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter