When is a good time to get a spot for HEA

ellbell

DIS Veteran
September 29th is my 40th birthday and I managed to get a trip planned for Disney for my birthday and the 50th. After they announced that the last HEA is also showing on the 29th. HEA is very special to me because the first time I saw it was withy mom and she passed away a year ago this September. So as you can imagine I want to get a good spot where I can see all the projections. When would be a good time to anticipate staking my claim on a spot?

For the last-ever night? Early.

I mean, I wouldn't rope drop it, probably. But surely 2+ hours early at least. =/

If a dessert party is back, do it.
Watch the menu offerings, we made the dessert parties a very filling dinner. Plenty of savory options were offered, not just desserts. IMO, WDW did a pretty bad job by marketing these as "Dessert Parties." Maybe they knew that they wouldn't be overcrowded by saying they were "dessert."

Other than that, be prepared to stake out a spot as early as it is important for you. I'd bet at the hour mark, you'd be surprised at how many ppl think it's more important than you do. Two hours and you'll have your pick of prime spots, and if you pick a spot with a rail, or place that will be roped off, you'll have no chance of someone scooping up a spot in front of you as the show starts.

Two hours and you'll have your pick of prime spots, and if you pick a spot with a rail, or place that will be roped off, you'll have no chance of someone scooping up a spot in front of you as the show starts.
Man, for the LAST EVER showing of HEA, I suspect even two hours will see most of the prime spots taken, by an army of rabid vloggers if nothing else.

Good luck! Enjoy the magic! We got to see it one more time last week, from in front of the Plaza Restaurant. My 5-year-old always reminds me "this song makes you cry" whenever You'll Be In My Heart plays. I cried during our August 2019 trip, when she was three, and she won't let me forget it. Memories! :earboy2:

If a dessert party is back, do it.
Watch the menu offerings, we made the dessert parties a very filling dinner. Plenty of savory options were offered, not just desserts. IMO, WDW did a pretty bad job by marketing these as "Dessert Parties." Maybe they knew that they wouldn't be overcrowded by saying they were "dessert."

Other than that, be prepared to stake out a spot as early as it is important for you. I'd bet at the hour mark, you'd be surprised at how many ppl think it's more important than you do. Two hours and you'll have your pick of prime spots, and if you pick a spot with a rail, or place that will be roped off, you'll have no chance of someone scooping up a spot in front of you as the show starts.
Thanks, I've actually only ever done the fireworks with a dessert party which is why I'm wondering now. I have no doubt that would be the best way to go but I'm not counting on that. I've checked out some spots in the hub I'm hoping to grab and we'll get a bucket of popcorn and a couple of drinks and just hang out till the show. It's probably the only time I will ever wait this long to see fireworks.

Man, for the LAST EVER showing of HEA, I suspect even two hours will see most of the prime spots taken, by an army of rabid vloggers if nothing else.

Good luck! Enjoy the magic! We got to see it one more time last week, from in front of the Plaza Restaurant. My 5-year-old always reminds me "this song makes you cry" whenever You'll Be In My Heart plays. I cried during our August 2019 trip, when she was three, and she won't let me forget it. Memories! :earboy2:
That song males me cry to and I expect that this last time I will leave a puddle behind. It already feels like I'm saying a final goodbye to my mom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter