• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When in Rome......Gray Line???

wrennies

Mouseketeer
We are looking at doing Rome on our own (Med. Cruise, May 26). After looking over the excursions (and the cost). We want to "see" as much as possible without spending a lot of time at any one place. I have looked at this Gray line. They do transfers from the port and have a "hop-on, hop-off" bus tour of the city. Prices seem great ($240 for tranfers - 5 people in a minivan and $22.00 for a 48 hour bus pass). Plus they offer a 10% discount to AAA members:). Has anyone else looked at this, or used this company before?

Gray Line is a reputable company that offers tours in many major cities.

When we were in Munich, we went on a Gray Line tour to Neuschwanstein Castle. We were pleased with the service and price, and would not hesitate use use Gray Line again.

Woody

We are looking at doing Rome on our own (Med. Cruise, May 26). After looking over the excursions (and the cost). We want to "see" as much as possible without spending a lot of time at any one place. I have looked at this Gray line. They do transfers from the port and have a "hop-on, hop-off" bus tour of the city. Prices seem great ($240 for tranfers - 5 people in a minivan and $22.00 for a 48 hour bus pass). Plus they offer a 10% discount to AAA members:). Has anyone else looked at this, or used this company before?

We'll on the ship just before you and thought it sounded great. But when I checked out Grayline website, the $294 transfer is for one-way only. Is that your understanding too? I haven't checked out the excursion prices yet so maybe at $500, it's still a steal? How far is the port to Rome?

We'll on the ship just before you and thought it sounded great. But when I checked out Grayline website, the $294 transfer is for one-way only. Is that your understanding too? I haven't checked out the excursion prices yet so maybe at $500, it's still a steal? How far is the port to Rome?

I think the 0/p has 5 people in their party so for $500 that is a good deal imo.

Or you could walk from the port to the train station and take the train to Rome for 9 euros. It is going to take quite a bit of planning, but we will be doing all Med ports on our own for the Aug 7 11 night. The excursion prices are ridiculous. Who knows, we may actually feel more like a traveler than a tourist...

Or you could walk from the port to the train station and take the train to Rome for 9 euros. It is going to take quite a bit of planning, but we will be doing all Med ports on our own for the Aug 7 11 night. The excursion prices are ridiculous. Who knows, we may actually feel more like a traveler than a tourist...

I would love to hear some of your ideas. We are looking at doing most of the ports on our own also. The train is definetly a possiblity in Rome . I have heard it is very reliable and inexpensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter