When I arrive at Disney World.......

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by katmatry, Jan 10, 2017.

1. katmatry

katmatry Mouseketeer

I feel so pampered and say to myself, "this is my life, I'm so blessed and happy!"

How do you feel when you arrive?

2. MinnesotaMouseketeers

MinnesotaMouseketeers DIS Veteran

Holy cow, this has been a long days travel!!! :scared::crazy2:
    Our typical flight to WDW starts with waking up about 4:30 in the morning to get to the airport on time.
    But nothing says 'Welcome' more; than when you step into one of the WDW resort lobbies. Port Orleans Riverside, December 2016.

upload_2017-1-10_8-4-58.png

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

to hide this advert.
  4. magicalcouple

magicalcouple DIS Veteran

What an uplifting post!
    When I arrive at my Walt Disney World Resort, I feel tingles of anticipation (like I've had 8 pots of coffee) and can hardly wait to see what magic each moment has for me and my family! I also am usually hungry and ready to get a snack... :)

5. mi*vida*loca

mi*vida*loca Collect memories, not things

I always think "holy crap. I'm really here!"

I grew up very poor so a WDW vacation, or any vacation, was not in our cards. I didn't go to WDW until I was 20 years old and I still feel the same way every time I arrive.

6. Allie B

Allie B I always dream of Disney

So full of excitement and more happy and relaxed than any other feeling I can imagine especially if sharing the experience with loved ones!

7. prprincess

prprincess DIS Veteran

I'm very tired...we usually take super early flights...but am hopped up on adrenaline, excited, and ready to start my vacation! I just love it there!

8. Barnabas T Bullion

Barnabas T Bullion Mouseketeer

9. monorailsilver

monorailsilver DIS Veteran

I smile, giddy with excitement, check in, smell hoping that familiar scent from long time ago still is in the air, but sadly it isn't.

Walk back outside, look at my tropical surroundings, listen, what do I hear a howl of the wolf, a toot from the boat, the whistle from the train and then I see it...ahh...

Now it's time to get un packed, get the bathing suits on, get our mugs, lunch and swim!

katmatry likes this.
  10. loves to dive

loves to dive DIS Veteran

Relieved the drive is over (it's only 7 1/2 hours but we only stop once for gas and potty) and happy to be there. I go twice a year (3 times last year, I know I have a problem) and I still just kind of give a big ole sigh and say I'm home. I've been lucky enough to travel to a lot of places both inside the US and out and WDW is still my happy place, even after 30 years of going and all the changes.

11. Beer Me

Beer Me Mouseketeer

See my name. That is usually the first order of business.

VACamm, fsupharm77, catfan98 and 12 others like this.
  12. WDWNY

WDWNY DIS Veteran

If we stay at a new hotel, usually once we get off the magical express i'm like "oh my gosh its so pretty!!!" even though I've seen 500 pictures already.

13. KonaKaiTom

KonaKaiTom DIS Veteran

I wonder how long it is going to take before I think "how rude some people are!"

Tom

BigAlsGal and dansdad like this.
  14. brewhome

brewhome Mouseketeer

When I arrive at Disney World, I leave all the "real world" stress behind and enjoy every minute of my happy place!!

15. PSUGuy

PSUGuy Bill From PA

When we roll into the Board Walk lobby the CM says, 'Welcome home' and we feel like we are. Shortly thereafter we're in WS as pictured below and we feel like we never left, that this day is the next day of last year's trip.

Bill From PA

NH-to-FL, kayteekt, WhitneyMB and 4 others like this.
  16. Roccosmom

Roccosmom Mouseketeer

I get emotional (yes a few happy tears are shed), maybe it's tiredness, maybe it's relief that we made it safely or maybe just the idea of being at Disney gets me! But mostly I feel blessed and so lucky to be able to share it with my DS and DH!

17. chris benton

chris benton Mouseketeer

You sir, are my hero of the day.

1971DBday and Regan117 like this.
  18. katmatry

katmatry Mouseketeer

I am right there with you

19. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

"I cannot wait to get to bed" We do a 7 hour drive, but we do not start until after I get home from work (hate using vacation hrs for driving) and then we are in the Central time zone so we also lose another hour there. So by the time we arrive and unpack our van, DW and I our collapsing into bed around 3AM. I will say that I get a big feeling of relief and my 3rd wind when we are approaching the "Welcome to Disney World" sign:goodvibes That's when I wake up our DDs and sometimes DW and we are all excited again. I did like it better years ago, when they actually left the sign lights on all night, for us late arrivals:) Then we get the great feeling of being the only people in the lobby at check-in, it's like the CMs are there only for uspixiedust:

TheFloatingBear likes this.
  20. Parker Clan

Parker Clan Seriously, is it August yet?!

I am the happiest I've been all year and can't wait to soak up all the magic!

21. katmatry

katmatry Mouseketeer

It is so nice to hear all the happy responses. Disney World is such a special place. We have created so many magical memories and look for to creating many more in the years ahead!