When does Disney charge card for a room only reservation?

Juliet25

DIS Veteran
I’m trying to figure out when I’ll be charged for a reservation that is room only. Is it on arrival day or check out day? I don’t see where I can make payments online. Can I call and pay with Disney cards to decrease my balance?

Assuming you haven’t paid it off in advance, if you’ve done online check in the charge is usually around 4-6ish AM. If you haven’t done online check in, you’ll be charged upon arrival/checking in in-person.

Total amount due will be charged on the day of check-in. However, I have always paid off the balance before I arrive (yes, calling is the only way to do that unfortunately) so that I don't have to be concerned with that charge while I'm there. Yes, you can use gift cards or reward cards or credit/debit cards. There is no limit to how many ways Disney can take your money. Ha! Hope you have a great trip! :yay:

I’m trying to figure out when I’ll be charged for a reservation that is room only. Is it on arrival day or check out day? I don’t see where I can make payments online. Can I call and pay with Disney cards to decrease my balance?

On our last trip earlier this month the balance was not charged until the last night (10pm) of our reservation

Warning, reports are that even calling to pay is a several hour wait on the phone.
On our last trip earlier this month the balance was not charged until the last night (10pm) of our reservation
This has been my experience since they started the $100 hold deal. They process a temp hold on check in day but that charge never goes through as a final charge. Every trip since the $100 has started has gone the same way,
hold processed for balance due + $100
Additional holds processed periodically, it's not every $100 but there are multiple holds sent
On final day I get a temporary credit for the entire total of the temporary holds (seems bizarre but it clears the amount taken from the credit limit
Then a final charge is sent through, for the total of the room balance + all charges done to the room.
That is the charge that goes through and remains on my card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter