When do you make ADRs?

BMNABrinx

Mouseketeer
We have never used the DDP but hope to when we go next May. When will we make our reservations? Is it after the vacation package is paid in full?

TIA

you can start making your ADR's 180 days before our vacation! so, start counting down, and book as soon as possible! as for me, my vacation is 138 days away, and i LITERALLY just got off the phone from booking my ADR's, and i had no problems.. for higher interest restaurants, you might want to stick to 180 days before, though! i only booked us one character meal, and had no troubles! good luck!!

Thanks. Can you make them before your vacation package is completely paid for?

Yes, you can! I do make ADR's, but am not one that calls at exactly 180 days out. If I was wanting CRT, going during free dining or during a major holiday, well then I might make them at 180 days. I have yet to make my ADR's for my Oct trip, but am starting to formulate what restaurants we will try.

We have never used the DDP but hope to when we go next May. When will we make our reservations? Is it after the vacation package is paid in full?

TIA
Whether you use DDP is irrelevent to making ADR's. Anyone can make ADR's 180 days out. Onsite guests can call 180 days out from arrival and book ADR's for 180 days + 10 days after arrival.

We don't usually travel during prime times, plus we like to dine a little later (around 8 PM), so we don't worry too much about real early calls for ADR's. However, if we want Le Cellier or something else difficult, we make those ADR's fairly close to the 180 day mark.

For CRT, you need to call exactly at 7:00 AM, exactly 180 days out, and then hope for the best...which is an awful lot of work for CRT.

Thanks. Can you make them before your vacation package is completely paid for?

The short answer is yes. The long answer is that ANYONE can make an ADR (for most places) on the 180th day in advance of the date they want to dine - regardless of whether they have an onsite room reservation or not. So as you can see whether one is fully-paid up or not makes no difference. Now, there is an ADR perk for those who are staying onsite: if you have an on-site room reservation already in the system, you can call for ADRs 180 days in advance of your check-in date and make ADRs for that day and/or up to 10 following days with one call rather than having to call back 180 days in advance of each restaurant reservation you want to make. But again, since WDTC doesn't require full payment until 45 (or whatever it is, we don't do packages) days prior to check-in, whether you are fully-paid up or not as of the 180-day mark isn't going to make any difference either. Hope this helps.

I made my resort reservation yesterday morning and made my dining ADR's yesterday afternoon. LeCellier only had one opening for the whole 11 days we're going to be there and the CM stressed that I should have made this ADR 180 days out (wich I would have done had I known we were going) because LeCellier books up that fast.

I have a reservation at the WL for this Saturday, May19th..which I made in March. I made my ADR's at that time. I had no problem securing any of them...except for Le Cellier for dinner. We do have it for lunch though. I have even made changes as recently as last week, without any difficulty. This was nothing like the experience of trying to secure an ADR during a "free dining" promo.

yes, you can make them before your trip is entirely paid for. our full payment isnt due til the end of summer, and i just booked my ADRs today..

Anyone can book at 180 days (I think) And to book for the next 10 days of your trip, all you need is your resort res. # :goodvibes

I wouldnt hesitate to call at exactly 7 am eastern time on your 180 days mark. Prime times for the most popular locations are snapped up in a hurry. And dont forget, since you get to make your ADR at 180+10, so does everyone else (some of whom arriving a day, or a week before you, getting first dibs on those coveted ADR:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter