• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do you leave the resorts for the boat?

ZIPBAGS

DIS Veteran
I am doing the 4 nights land(we are staying an extra night) and 4 nights sea cruise this August. We are staying at the Poly. The ship leaves on Sunday. We arranged for the transportation to pick us up at the hotel to take us to the boat. Some questions...

-When do you usually leave the hotel for the boat?

-How long does it take to get from Disney to the ship?

Thanks!!!

Can't wait! :banana:

The bus picks up at different times from the different resorts- if you call DCL they can tell you the exact time.

The drive is about an hour from Orlando/WDW to Pt. Canaveral.

We were picked up directly outside our hotel (orleans) last time. The trip is about an hour, and there's a short video to watch along part of the way. The ride is in a greyhoud coach style bus if you're using Disney's transportation.

My daughter wanted to know if you had anytime in the morning to go back to the parks (for a quick trip)? The other daughter wants to go to the boat early to get on and enjoy. I know boarding starts at 11am. :cool1:

Usually buses pick up from resorts around 12. There is normally just one time for each resort not a choice.

We are from the UK and dont like driving in the USA. We used transfers for our first 3 cruises however the buses did not get us to the ship until after 1pm. There always seemed to be a number of buses arriving at the same time as well.

Our last cruise we used a towncar and were at the port just before 10.

I guess this opens up another question...Is it worth it to take the buses, rent a car or get a car service?

I guess this opens up another question...Is it worth it to take the buses, rent a car or get a car service?

My order of preference is rental car, car service, DCL transportation. IMO DCL is too expensive, I think it is $69 pp round-trip now. A rental can be had for < $50 each way...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter