When do I get a boarding pass?

moopdog

Dreaming of Disney....
We are not frequent fliers and I've never flown without something in hand before showing up at the airport. We fly out of Philly on Thursday and we have nothing except a confirmation email without any barcodes, etc. Can someone walk me through this? I am fuzzy on the details & the FAQ for American Airlines is vague.

TIA

Usually you can check in 24 hours in advance and print your boarding passes. However you don't have to but it could avoid longer lines for check-in

If I'm flying with carry-on bags only, I will print out my bp's when I do the online checkin at the 24 hr mark, or sometimes just do it at a kiosk at the airport. If I have to check bags anyway, I'll let them print the bp's out when I check the bags.

You can check in online prior and print your boarding pass at home or show up to the airport early (I'd say at least an hour and a half) and go to the full service line. If you use that line you can print your boarding pass, give them your checked luggage, etc. They may try to get you to use a kiosk but if you aren't use to traveling I always suggest the full service line if you have time because they will direct you to the right security line and gate.

American Airlines sent me an email when it was time to check in 24 hours before the flight. I used the link in the email and after I checked in was given the option of printing the boarding pass or sending it to my phone.

Can I have them sent to my mobile app AND still get them printed when we check the luggage? For peace of mind?

AA counter here has self service kiosks that print it all out for you. Which is odd as our airport is so small we don't even have curbside check in. I guess those who aren't checking bags can use it? But you have to stand in line at the counter to reach them so it's all rather silly/strange.
We use the boarding pass on our phones, in the app. It shows up after you do your check in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter