When do campsites start to decorate for Halloween?

kabbie

DIS Veteran
Our trip dates are Oct 21 - 26 - Do campers start to decorate that early for Halloween?

Sorry for the follow-up question:

I know that reserving golf carts are only allowed for those staying at Fort Wilderness (as they should), but any chances of day of availability for visitors?

Sorry, I'm not sure but the likelihood of getting one is pretty slim. Golf carts go fast, but especially so during decorating holidays like Halloween and Christmas.

People will decorate campsites starting in Aug/Sept for Halloween.

I've never been at Halloween. Been there early Dec. Question for all you decorators........How do you carry all that stuff? About 7 years ago, we saw one site that had a mini osbourne lights. Dozens and dozens of blow up figures, lights all over We walked around for an hour. It was unbelievable that people spent their vacation putting all that up. If you are one of them, I thank you.

There are lots and lots of pull behind cargo trailers parked in the overflow lots at Halloween and Christmas.
Yup. I've seen Uhaul trailers being unloaded at the sites as well as cargo and flat bed utility trailers. Trucks and vans. People truly go nuts with the decorating. Used to be back in the BC times we would rent a cart for the day, take visiting friends resort hopping to check out gingerbread sculptures and decorations. Come back to the Trail''s End buffet for dinner, then finish out the day looping.

I've never been at Halloween. Been there early Dec. Question for all you decorators........How do you carry all that stuff? About 7 years ago, we saw one site that had a mini osbourne lights. Dozens and dozens of blow up figures, lights all over We walked around for an hour. It was unbelievable that people spent their vacation putting all that up. If you are one of them, I thank you.

I spoke to one site of decorators who block multiple sites Oct-Dec and they used horse trailers.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter