When can you start booking stuff in Cruise Planner?

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
We cruise on Oasis of the Seas on 4/2/17, so we're about 8 months out. When does Cruise Planner open up for us so we can start purchasing things like beverage packages, as well as making reservations for shows, restaurants, etc.?

I just went on to purchase a beverage package and I get a message saying "Sorry you cannot reserve this now, you're either too far out or too close to your cruise date."

Thanks!

That's strange. Beverage packages have always been available to me as soon as I book. I purchased the soda package more than a year in advance for my kids because I heard the price was going up.

Doing first RCCL cruise and from what I've seen so far they dribble out things you can reserve. I first saw internet options that I could book, that was like 7 months out, then a few weeks later they put up drink packages, a few more weeks then excursions and then finally entertainment. We're now 4 months from the cruise and only thing we're still waiting to see is dining reservations.

We cruise Oasis in March and I have already booked a drink package at 20% off. Internet packages are also available at 30% off. I was also able to book a massage. It seems only the entertainment and restaurant options are not available.

There does not seem to be a hard and fast rule. I currently have two cruises booked: a Transatlantic for November and a Transpacific for April. Internet, drinks packages, shore excursions and spa packages have been available as soon as I have booked. Over the last few days, certain activities were added for the November cruise. Earlier this week, dining reservations opened for the April 2017 cruise, but are still not available for the November 2016 cruise.

Corinna

Everyone can book at any time, but you can wait to book almost everything on board. Everyone else does! Occasionally one of the most popular shore excursions will fill in advance, but reserving a month or two out is fine. I would book the Chef's table well in advance, then any other specific dining times you can reserve a couple weeks out or when you get on board. There are no reservations for shows. The beverage package is the same price onboard as in advance, so wait until you get a 20% off email. IF the discount never comes, you can book when you get there and know you didn't miss anything. There are usually daily spa and internet specials once you get onboard as well. We usually get emails about discount internet packages as well, but it ended up being free on our last cruise, so I'm glad I didn't book that one!

Only Disney expects you to plan meal times months in advance! Just keep checking occasionally for everything to be loaded. You can also search for Navigators from similar itineraries to see what might eventually be offered onboard.

There are no reservations for shows.

This is not correct for the Quantum class ships and I think some of the shows on the Oasis class ships require reservations as well. Having said that, when we sailed on Ovation of the Seas, I was able to change my show reservation for one show on the ship and make a reservation for another one.

Corinna

This is not correct for the Quantum class ships and I think some of the shows on the Oasis class ships require reservations as well. Having said that, when we sailed on Ovation of the Seas, I was able to change my show reservation for one show on the ship and make a reservation for another one.

Corinna

You're correct.

Thanks all. I've read that the comedy show can fill up quick if not reserved in advance, so that's one I'd like to book in advance.

I don't think I've gotten any emails from RCCLabout anything yet, but I did book through a travel agent. Could that be why? I'm very interested in the potential 20% off drink package email - might I still receive something even though I booked with a TA? I did confirm my info is up to date while logged into RCCL's web site.

Corinna

Sorry, brain lapse. You are absolutely correct. We've been on the the smaller ships lately. On the bigger ships the ice shows and a couple of the other most popular ones may have reservations. I don't know of any that book before sailing, but Cruise Critic or your TA should. The ones I'm aware of have handed out tickets onboard.

If you have set up your online profile with RCCL, they will email you directly, not the TA. We didn't receive much until two or three months out. I think you are probably just too early still. I would check with the Mix and Mingle group for your sailing to see if anyone else has received anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter