When can a member actually make ressies for Saratoga Springs?

KarenB

<font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank
Just tossing around ideas for next summer and wondering about Saratoga Springs. I have read it is projected to be open spring 2004. When can DVC members begin to make ressies on points at a 7 month window for a new DVC resort? I remember discussions on this when BCV was to be open, but my memory fails me when it comes to the info!

Anyone considering a stay there next summer?

Thanks!
Karen

We have to wait for DVC to announce they are accepting DVC reservations. Once they do that, you can book at the 7 month mark from your planned trip.

Thanks Pam......is that date usually before completion of the resort? Can a point ressie be made elsewhere then changed without penalty once the date is announced?

I'm trying to draw on the memory bank and it's coming in fuzzy! I know they start taking reservations before the resort opens for cash reservations. For some reason, I think VWL opened before they took DVC reservations and BCV did take reservations prior to opening but I'm not 100% positive that is correct. Maybe those who were actually there during the opening days of these resorts can give us the answer.

Wow, I am really fuzzy on this one as well! This is what I recall. First off presales started in February for BCV. I think, but I am not sure that in June we could start making reservations. I remember that morning that the phone lines were packed because everyone could make a reservation. Some were switching over from other resorts just to try out a new resort and others were making their first reservation, new owners at BCV like me. My reservation was for October, but I know the resort opened way before that, I am think like July? So If what I am remember is correct, you could first make a reservation in June and the resort opened in July? Does that sound right? I may be way off, but that is what my fuzzy brain is thinking.

If I have this correct:

The "Condominium" must be approved be the state(?) and have a certain percentage of the project completely finished and ready for use before any of the units care be declared into the "Condominium."

With VWL I think there was a delay in getting the "approval" and those who bought (presale?), early on (late 2000) did not get use of the resort as DVC members until sometime in Feb(?) 2001. We bought 12-5-2000 and did not have our deed registered until 1-19-2001.

This may be why they offered the rooms at other resorts for those who did "presale" at BCV. Maybe the authorites where concerned about what happened at VWL and this offer was a condition of them allowing the presale?

Anyone know all the facts? I'm just speculating here based on things I've read over the last 3 years.

Doc?
Dean?
Werner?

My "fuzzy" memory remembers people posting here that they were at BCV in the first few days of opening, but what I simply cannot remember is if they were there on points, cash, BCV owners, other DVC resort owners, etc.......

I remember all the talk about the approvals and then the packed phone lines. Where is that long term memory when we need it? ;)

And as all DVC members know, it is so fun to plan for a trip!!!

Karen

My "fuzzy" memory remembers people posting here that they were at BCV in the first few days of opening, but what I simply cannot remember is if they were there on points, cash, BCV owners, other DVC resort owners, etc.......

I remember all the talk about the approvals and then the packed phone lines. Where is that long term memory when we need it? ;)

And as all DVC members know, it is so fun to plan for a trip!!!

Karen

:( Please do not use that abbreviation for reservations. The word is only 4 letters longer then that abbreviation. Thanks in advance. :rolleyes: Why? because IMHO, it's a silly sounding word. :( Annoying sounding, actually. There was a thread regarding this word somewhere in the past. :crazy: I'm not nuts, I just appear to be.

I made ressies for BCV before the resort opened. I made the ressies in early March 2002 and the resort opened in July or August.

and just because I like to say it: ressies, ressies, ressies, ressies, ressies ;)

nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah {tongue sticking out and raspberry's} Not too childish, right? :p :p

We made our reservations, ressie, whatever, prior to opening and stayed at BCV on opening day - July 1, 2001. We were at OKW and moved to BCV. We had purchased prior during the incentive period. We used points.

Here's a shot based on what's been added here and my memory.

I think VWL opened a little earlier than expected. I don't think they began DVC sales until it opened so they couldn't have been taking DVC reservations until after the opening. I remember thinking it was odd that cash paying people could stay on opening day before DVC members would be able to.

BCV started sales several months before the resort opened and I think they sold Use Years that would have already been in effect. Because of the gap of owning points in a resort that was not open yet but not wanting to throw the other resorts out of whack, they offered either the cash back or resort stay option.

Ressies is a lot easier to type than reservations...it could be done one-handed if you leave out the "i". ;) Sorry if some people are offended. ;)

Funny......just as I was leaving the house this morning and after I read a few replies on this thread, DVC called us to say that they received our paper work for the add on and all is A-OK......

Anyway, I asked when we could make ressies for Saratoga Springs and she (not our guide) told me the date was unknown but when we can use our points there, all members will be notified.

Karen

VWL did open for cash reservations prior to accepting any point reservations.

BCV began sales in February, 2002 and the resort opened on July 1, 2003. Reservations (both points and cash) were accepted in March, if memory serves me.

I assume SSR will have a similar pattern as BCV. It will begin sales months prior to opening and will also accept reservations a few months prior (but probably not at the same time as sales begin). I also assume that no SSR contracts will actually close until the resort opens- to satisfy timeshare regulations in the state and that sales will not be available in all states when sales first begin onsite.

Based on the BCV model, I'd expect reservations to be accepted after the first of the year for a May, 2004 opening.

Stay Tuned!

one thing to consider is that SSR is going to be opened in phases with only a small portion of the resort being ready unlike BCV where the complete resort was ready on Opening Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter