• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wheelchair rental???

A Mickeyfan

DIS Veteran
I may have to be renting a wheelchair for my 14 yr old daughter ....her leg is in a cast w/10 stitches on her heel ..ouch:( She is on crutches & thinks she can do without the wheelchair (I know she can't)....anyway....Can someone tell me how much they are & if we park hop, will I have to pay at each park or do I pay once per day & show my reciept? Also....are they known for running out of them??? We are leaving on Sat 1/19 for just a 2 night get-away...... Another question...... I know wheelchairs will not get you front of the line anymore, but are most rides wheelchair accessible? If not, I know she cannot stand on a line for 45 minutes ..... any info would be of great help.... I have never had to do this before. I thought about canceling my trip.....but she wants to go (& so do my other 2 kids).......:confused:

I think you should post this on the disABILITIES board. You'll be directed to their FAQ, as well as get some great advice about rentals.

I don't know why I didn't think of checking there in the first place.... I just went to that board & didn't even have to post to find my answers out..... Thanks again for the tip :D

Glad to hear you found what you needed. And thanks, Wade for the plug (nice to see you again).
Here's a link to the DIS page about touring with a mobility disability. It does list all the rides where someone can stay right in the wheelchair for the whole ride/attraction. A manual (push type) wheelchair can go in all the lines.
If you are staying at a WDW resort, you might be able to borrow one from the resort. They usually have one available, but it may not fit your needs. Some posters have said all that was available when they came was an extra wide chair, when thry needed a narrower one, or vice versa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter