• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wheelchair questions

treesinger

<font color=blue>Runs in fear from the <font color
I've got a few questions about wheelchairs/ecv's. I'm going to DW on March 3 and will need TWO of them. Are there any two person ECV's? Also, what is the policy on GCA's (or is it GAC's?) My wife is has a rather sensitive pregnancy and has been nstructed by her doctor not to walk very much. I know this doesn't make her disabled but she still can't walk much. Also, my Father-in-law is in ill health from diabetes and is simply unable to walk much at all. Since neither of these are classified disabilities, I didn't know if we would qualify for the GAC thingie. (I still don't know what it stands for, I've just seen the acronym throw around here and there). Please help!

A two person ecv/wheelchair would help immensely since it can cost as more than a rental car for the day!!

Jason

Only seen a 2 person one once and that was a personal one. You will need to rent two. Sorry. I suggest you head for the disabilities board for any questions.

I can't move your question over to the disABILITIES Board (I have to wait for one of the moderators here to move it). You can follow the link in my signature to get to the disABILITIES Board.
The GAC that your read about stands for Guest Assistance Card and you can find out more about them on disABILITIES too. For the most part, you won't need one. Most of the lines have been made accessible for wheelchairs and ecvs, so you can get fastpasses and wait in line with everyone else without needing anything special to bring an ecv into the line.
I agree with Lisa that the only 2 person ecv I have ever seen was someone's personal ecv. Even if they did rent them, I think it would be hard to drive one of those around in the parks because it would be rather large.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter