whats your one favourite attraction at DLP?

TeamJones22

Cashback!
i thought id ask this because ive got a few really,i was talking to my friend about it last time we were there and it took me about 30 minutes to decide! for me it would probably be pirates of the caribbean.I know a lot of people have very different opinions to me,i know a lot of people love animagique where as me....not so much! so whats if you only had time to do one more ride/attraction thing in both parks,what would it be?

Blimey - I waffled on in that thread!

POTC is that good though - can't wait to go on it again at Christmas when it'll be a great warm retreat from the cold.

This is what I wrote in the other topic thread:

Pirates of the Caribbean - without a doubt. The animatronics are superb and the theming is wonderful. I also like that it's on a boat and for a thrill-avoider like myself, the two small drops are about the most I can take, so quite thrilling for me! I love the walk from the entrance to the ride, with the music and artifacts on the way - the heat also rises as you get closer. They vary the lighting in the building and sometimes it's almost pitch black as you walk around the alleyways to the ride - great stuff. I adore the music - so much that I paid far too much money a few years ago to get the whole album imported from America - has some great music, including A Parrot's Life For Me which is trés funny. It was my favourite ride in Tokyo and has always been may favourite ride in Paris - I love the film too and love looking for ride bits in the film, of which there are lots.

Other favourites:

Phantom Manor - much better since the referb last Spring. More great music and brilliant effects - the ball room is spectacular and when the ride enters the 'realm of the undead' it's great fun.

Star Tours - being a huge Star Wars fan this ride is always going to rate highly, it could do with a major update though, DStar Tours 2 is debuting in America in 2007, hopefully Paris will be next. Was better when the post-ride area wasn't a video games arcade.

Studio Tram Tour Ride - how awesome is Catastrophe Canyon? Even though I know what's coming I always marvel at the earthquake, exposion and floods. As a fan of Dinotopia it's always nice to see the gateway to waterfall City - a Dinosaur or two would be nice though. The Reign of Fire set which sees the fire from the Dragon is actually the set used when they filmed it - another fave film of imne, though few others apparently!

Tarzan - The Encounter - it's my favourite Disney film so it's no surprise that I love this show. The music is fantastic and full of emotion, and the gymnastics on show are brilliant. We always go two or three times and that's one show that I do miss at Christmas.

There are tons I love - Lion King, Cinémagique, Moteurs Action, Le Pays des Contes de Fées - I even love It's A Small World and we ride that a few times every visit! I can't wait to be back there in December!

Definitely POTC followed closely by Phantom Manor

It's a hard one but I think it has to be "It's a Small World" - it's so beautiful and I love the sentimentality of it. :blush: :earsgirl:

That's a really tricky one but I think it has to be Rock 'n' Roller Coaster... I love the way the launch pushes you back into your seat and all you can do is laugh hysterically!!! :rotfl:

Dude, Looks like a lady!

Its impossible to pick 1 favourite ride as there all so different. but it would have to be if pushed Rock'N'Roller!

The launch is awsome but the best bit is the "going dooooooooooowwwwwwwn" the music fits so well.

That's what bugs the hell out of me - I've been a huge fan of Aerosmith for 20 years but I hate thrill rides - no fair :(

Chris - another Exeter person!

IlluminationsUK said:
That's a really tricky one but I think it has to be Rock 'n' Roller Coaster... I love the way the launch pushes you back into your seat and all you can do is laugh hysterically!!! :rotfl:

I'd probably have to agree there, plus it's a different ride in each of the 'cars' cos of the soundtracks. I would have said Indiana Jones a couple of years ago when it still went backwards.

My fav low intensity ride is of course POTC. I could ride that all day and still find something new every time. And just watching the riders faces from the Blue Lagoon restaurant tables is worth the meal prices.

dlpSteve said:
That's what bugs the hell out of me - I've been a huge fan of Aerosmith for 20 years but I hate thrill rides - no fair :(

Chris - another Exeter person!

Honiton really, but its easier for people to guess where Exeter is.

Looking at the locations seems a large number of people from Devon.

Have you ever tried the ride, its pretty mild really.

I will go on any dark ride at all, but for some reason I'm not so good with outdoor coasters.

So if you have problems try a dark ride, as you can't see it, it might make it easier.

Regarding Pirates,

I've nearly fallen asleep a few times, its a great ride though.

But after a long day in the parks its warm and dark.

Same goes for Animague I've actualy slept through that show. :rolleyes1

Dark + Warm + Tiredness = Sleep

A Devon DIS DLRP meet up may have to happen!

As for thrill rides - Casey Jnr is my limit! Even the thought of things like Rock n Roller, Indiana Jones and Space Mountain makes my head spin! Rock n Roller is the only one I've ever regretted not going on and that's only for the music - other than that I never feel like I'm missing out because they fill me with such dread to start with!

I'd have to go with Big Thunder - it's the best of the three I've been on.....doing this minutes after the fireworks at New Year's Eve was one of the highlights of my year so far!

The tunnel at the beginning and end make it all the more special.

big thunder mountain is really cool when its dark i find,makes phantom manor look really creepy and the views are cool! indiana jones when it was backwards was fun,that feeling of sorta,falling out of the ride i first got when going round the loop-de-loop backwards was awesome!

what did the phantom manor refurb do that made it better? maybe its me but i didnt really notice that much of a difference?
as for animagique yeah i know what you mean,found it pretty sleep-inducing myself!

star tours bores the hell out of me unfortunately,i think all the theming of it is really good,i just think it looks too much like it was made before i was born which puts me off a bit.although god knows there are a lot of star wars fans about,so i can see why its so popular.and how annoying is that little french robot?!

Ive never been on le pays des contes de fees,autopia or casey jnr as they are always closed when i go,am i missing much then?

Another one from Devon here!

Broadclyst specifically so vaguely between Honiton and Exeter!

My favourite was on the thread Reid linked :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter