What's your most unusual memory at Disney world

Roocatty

Mouseketeer
So for my DD16 I made a 100 day countdown box. Each day has an envelope with a good or unusual memory we have made or shared at Disneyworld. She gets to open one each day.

This made me start to wonder what other strange memories you guys have. I think ours would be one evening around sunset we were walking around CBR and at one of the quiet pools cast members were practicing for some sort of attack using pirate swords. One cm was saying sir put down the pirate sword. I know they were practicing for a real life situation I could tell by the language they were using but seeing them act out a scenario complete with one of them running wildly and attacking others with the plastic pirate sword and being successfully "taken down" was amusing.

You wouldn't think it was something they would do in the open but no one else was out that time of the evening may have been why.:confused3

Well, when we arrived for our Disney World vacation at the Caribbean Beach Resort and got to our room, we had a maid come out of the bathroom saying "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't know anyone was in the room". She was also spraying her air freshener as she was heading out of our room. Yep, she used our bathroom to go poddy! You could tell by the scent that she really had to go too. We were all in shock. We were also sympathetic.....when ya gotta go.....ya gotta go. What a way to start our trip. Top that!

When I was a kid, we spent a day at River Country. We were waiting in line for the rope swing, when I looked down and noticed that my mom's engagement ring had lost its diamond. She retraced her steps but couldn't find it. CMs took my dad backstage to check the pool filters. I was young but remember everyone being especially nice to us. They never found it but the memory really stands out. A few years ago I mentioned to my dad an unsubstantiated rumor I heard about River Country being demolished. His first response was, "If they find a diamond, it's mine."

Well, when we arrived for our Disney World vacation at the Caribbean Beach Resort and got to our room, we had a maid come out of the bathroom saying "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't know anyone was in the room". She was also spraying her air freshener as she was heading out of our room. Yep, she used our bathroom to go poddy! You could tell by the scent that she really had to go too. We were all in shock. We were also sympathetic.....when ya gotta go.....ya gotta go. What a way to start our trip. Top that!
That would definitely be memorable. I would feel like I needed to reclean the toilet. :rotfl2:

When I was a kid, we spent a day at River Country. We were waiting in line for the rope swing, when I looked down and noticed that my mom's engagement ring had lost its diamond. She retraced her steps but couldn't find it. CMs took my dad backstage to check the pool filters. I was young but remember everyone being especially nice to us. They never found it but the memory really stands out. A few years ago I mentioned to my dad an unsubstantiated rumor I heard about River Country being demolished. His first response was, "If they find a diamond, it's mine."
At least you guys will never forget River country. I hope it didn't ruin the trip.

My parent's, aunt and uncle's villas got burglarized about a decade ago at our home resort OKW. After a bunch of hullabaloo and nonsense with team Disney the staff decided that the best course of action after my families' personal space was broken into, invaded and all their personal items stolen, was to go into their rooms while they were out and leave a fruit basket and one bottle of cheap champagne on their table. My Dad til this day says, "Mikey E. never would have approved that! So I was supposed to feel safer discovering that for the second time a stranger was in my room today??!!" :rotfl2:

My parent's, aunt and uncle's villas got burglarized about a decade ago at our home resort OKW. After a bunch of hullabaloo and nonsense with team Disney the staff decided that the best course of action after my families' personal space was broken into, invaded and all their personal items stolen, was to go into their rooms while they were out and leave a fruit basket and one bottle of cheap champagne on their table. My Dad til this day says, "Mikey E. never would have approved that! So I was supposed to feel safer discovering that for the second time a stranger was in my room today??!!" :rotfl2:
Wow, I have never heard of anyone getting broken in to at any of the villas at WDW.

In 2014 we made the trip with DGD's soccer team for the Disney International Youth Soccer Tournament. Had the BEST time but I'll never forget our last 24 hours there. A friend from West Palm Beach made the trip to DW to spend the day with us. He promised me we'd "shut the park down" that night. DH "gave up" around 12:30...he just couldn't go anymore! I didn't quite make it until official closing but I still hadn't finished packing...and ME was scheduled to pick us up at 4 am for our 6 am flight back to Austin. Ed delivered me to CBR a little before 2 AM. It was in July so first order of business was a SHOWER :faint: which left me with around 1 hour to pack in the dark trying not to disturb DH, DD and DGD. :faint: I finished around 3:40, went out for one last walk around the immediate grounds and took pictures of a VERY tired group of 11-13 year olds as they stacked their luggage outside their rooms...and even MORE TIRED group of chaperones. This is DGD while we waited for ME:

IMG_0105_zps0d5cb36d.jpg

A pretty "pitiful" group waiting for the bus:

IMG_0114_zpsb6062335.jpg

I still hadn't slept, at that point had been up 20 hours; thought I'd sleep on the plane...nope...couldn't "turn the memories off"; almost 3 hour flight, drive home 1 1/2 hours, picked our Goopy up from the vet and finally...30 hours later I crawled between the sheets. :faint::faint::faint: One of my BEST memories EVER of a DW vacation. :goodvibes :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter