What's your favorite restaurant at Disney's Hollywood Studio?

D Ackley

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are head to Disney every year for our anniversary and more or less kind of have the hang of things. We've tried a lot of places, but we're always looking for new spots. I know with the opening of Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening this summer, Hollywood Studios is going to be packed, so we're trying to make some advanced reservations. At DHS we usually do Brown Derby, but we're kind of over that as the last 2-3 years, the price has far exceeded the quality/value. We've done Sci-Fi Diner, Brown Derby obviously, and the one where its like your eating in a art deco themed house with the checkerboard floors and old school tvs etc. Cant think of the name.

ANYWAYS....what's your favorite table service restaurant at DHS? Love to hear some thoughts. Thanks in advance!

50s prime time ^^

Mama Melrose isn’t anything special but it’s yummy Italian food and worth a go! We usually do HW&V with our kids and the food is pretty good but generally DHS doesn’t have the best options...

If you want a nice dinner head over to the boardwalk area or Epcot. It's a nice boat ride. There really aren't many choices at HS for a nice meal. We usually head out of the park for our adr.

Yeah definitely considering HW&V. Thanks.

The boardwalk might be a good option. Never really thought about that as an option. Thanks for the idea!

Not many options in HS for table service but we do enjoy mama melrose.

We love the Brown Derby, it is a signature restaurant but the food has always been first class.👍
Our next option would be Mamma Melrose. We have eaten there on the Fantasmic package 3 times & had a great experience each time. :)

It's 50s PT for me. As a Brit I enjoy trying out 'good ole American home cooking', and the theming is a lot of fun.

I was disappointed when I ate at MM a couple of years back; it's cute inside but the food was boring and not well executed - though it might just have been an off day.

My wife and I are head to Disney every year for our anniversary and more or less kind of have the hang of things. We've tried a lot of places, but we're always looking for new spots. I know with the opening of Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening this summer, Hollywood Studios is going to be packed, so we're trying to make some advanced reservations. At DHS we usually do Brown Derby, but we're kind of over that as the last 2-3 years, the price has far exceeded the quality/value. We've done Sci-Fi Diner, Brown Derby obviously, and the one where its like your eating in a art deco themed house with the checkerboard floors and old school tvs etc. Cant think of the name.

ANYWAYS....what's your favorite table service restaurant at DHS? Love to hear some thoughts. Thanks in advance!

If you want to stay at DHS, then I suggest Mama Melrose... it's pretty good, we had a really good meal there not long ago... now its not fancy, the food and service was very good..

If you could or wanted to leave the park this would open up alot more options for you... so head on over to

Boardwalk area - Espn - offers Pub grub, its a great place to sit down and relax / We have enjoyed Flying Fish it is very good food, service and atmosphere, Big River Brewing... we like it here, but it is very loud inside, so we only pick here when it's cool outside and have dinner outside... Trattoria al Forno we haven't tried here yet... as well there is a pizza window...

Yacht and Beachclub Resorts - Cape May is a buffet, and does an pretty dang good job, Yachtsman very good, old school steak house...

Swan and Dolphin are right there...and offer a selection of different places from very pricey to casual... so this might be an option for you...

You can use one of the friendship boats to get over to this area... It is a nice break from the heat, and the parks...

Or you could head into Epcot for dinner...

Sci Fi is my favorite but if you were to walk in my office you would see 2 real speakers from a close Drive In and many pictures on the walls of drive in theaters long gone. 50's is #2 on my list there. Love that chocolate peanut butter cake,

Table service is definitely better than quick service in MGM, but still not as many good options as the other parks. SciFi is our go to and 50s is fun too, though I agree with @Nvrgrowup that leaving the park and heading to the Boardwalk may be your best bet. Presuming its dinner Flying Fish and Yachtsman are fabulous!

We like the Sci Fi! The food isn't anything super special, but it's decent and it's just soooo fun to hang out in the dark air conditioning and watch the old movie clips. My husband and I love the atmosphere there and we always have a great date.

The Brown Derby Lounge is definitely one of our faves at DHS. We have never had good service or food at Mama Melrose and H & V is pure Disney buffet. We've gone to H & V twice and both times food was pretty unimpressive (DH suggested Golden Coral on a very bad night) -- if characters are your thing it may be worth it though -- that's sort of the wildcard.

If the gondolas are open, head to one of the resorts. We have never had a good place that we live at HS. We just do quick service and then go eat somewhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter