What's your favorite counter service places at MGM and AKL?

LadyTrampScamp&Angel

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I'm not planning sit down meals at these two parks so I'd like input on the best counter service meals.

Thanks for your help! :)

We're not fans of any of the counter service places in MGM, but in DAK we highly recommend Tusker House.

Thanks - I know, that's my problem with MGM too. I was hoping someone could point out a good counter place as I haven't found one I really like there yet. I think we've done every sit down restaurant in MGM so I'm planning on doing sit downs elsewhere -for something new.

Anyone else?

The best counter service we found at MGM was the Anneheim Produce co. We got fruit there 3 different times. Somehow it made the hotdogs seem less fattening to eat fruit rather than fries with it. :p

If we do counter service at MGM we will get a turkey leg to share or fruit. MGM counter service is the worst.

Tusker House at AKL wins hands down but Flame Tree BBQ is good as well.

We usually do the Backlot Express for counter service at MGM. The kids like the dining areas, and I think I've gotten a chicken salad there. They like Pizzafari for counter service at AK. Again, it may be more for the murals on the walls, but the pizza is OK too.

Thanks for the tips. I like the fruit and turkey ideas. I don't think we've tried Backlot Express, I'll have to check the menu out for that.

Have a good day!

I don't have any suggestions for MGM, but we really enjoyed our lunch at Pizzafari.

We always eat at Toy Story Pizza in MGM and Pizzafari in AK I love the Hot Italian Sandwich at Pizzafari

Flame Tree Barbecue! DH would say turkey legs at Toluca Turkey Legs.

We love Pizzafari in AK. That's the only place we ever eat at for lunch there. The food is good and the decorations are great.
In MGM we got lunch at Rosie's All American Cafe, which is counter service, on sunset boulevard (i believe...it's on the way to TOT i think), just beyond ABC Commisary and Anaheim Produce. It was also very good.

We're not fond of most places at MGM, but Rosie's was okay - though the lines were horrendous, seating was outside in the heat ... if you could find any.

Mostly, we just do a big breakfast at the hotel & maybe grab fruit or something at the Sunset Ranch Market.

At AK...Pizzafari was better than expected (didn't expect much from McD's :rolleyes: ) but Tusker House is the best bet for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter