What's your favorite back to school memories?

Krisu

Meeska, mooska, Mouseketeer, Mousecartoon time now
I know I posted about dreading back to school for my DS..but as a kid I loved it! New clothes,shoes and most importantly a new pencil box. I recently saw a pic my Mom had with me holding my Popeye pencil box and my brother had Zorro:D

I'm like you, I'd have to say the "NEW" part. Not just 'new' things, but a new month, a new season, new dreams! S

I always loved the first day of school, I loved all the new school supplies :)

1st day was allways good, a chnace to chnage thins around, but I allways ended up being bad

i LOVE the 1st day of school. Get to see all my old friends who i haven't seen all summer, getting my locker, seeing who is in all of my classes, and getting ready for the first football game that friday!!

When I was little, mom used to get me a pretty new dress or outfit for the first day of school each year. That stopped after 6th grade when I realized that by then no one else was dressing nicely for the first day anymore.

I remember going to the first grade and couldn't wait to show my teacher I could spell and write my first name.

I loved the first day of school. It was the rest of the year that was hard.:rolleyes:

I agree with several others. The first day of school is always fun...the second day starts with the not-so-fun...I love getting new "back to school" clothes, and then showing up and having new classes, new teachers, and getting to find out all about each class that I will be taking and the people who are in it.

When I was young...
The pencil box with the smell of newly sharpened pencils.
The smell of the bus exhaust as it came to pick us up.
Senior year...going back and being able to drive to school!

New clothes, new shoes, new pencils, and notebooks and lunchbox!!! Everything new. Seeing friends after not seeing them all summer. I loved going back to school!

I just remeber the teacher giving our rulers, crayons, pencils, paper and just the basic school necessities. Just doing fun things on the first day. :)

My favorite memory is of my Dad coming in to wake me up and singing, " School days, school days, good ole golden rule days." I sing it to my kids now. I always loved the 1st day of school, new clothes, shoes, lunch box, teachers, I miss those days.....;)

Shopping for new clothes!!! :bounce: And getting a cool lunchbox or backpack or binder......I try to make back-to-school really special for my kids. :)

New clothes, new supplies - yes I love the first day but I am the teacher! And as for doing fun things, 2 of my classes are doing tests - they are not impressed and my student teacher couldn't believe I would be so cruel!
Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter