What's up with Magnet sheets?

jiminyC_fan

DIS Veteran
Ok, is anyone else having problem finding magnet sheets? I use to buy them at Walmart and/or Target for 7.99 but :confused3 neither of them carry them anymore. So I thought I would run to Office Max. OMG, they were 11.99. Almost double of the discount stores. I need to make some door magnets. Know where I might find some CHEAPER?

I have seen them listed either individually or in large packs on ebay.

I have found a pack of 4 sheets (I think) at K-marts. Haven't seen them at our Target in over a year.

Carol

I just returned from my 1st Disney Cruise and for our door sign and magnets I just bought plain, cheap poster board and a huge roll of magnetic sticky tape to secure it with. Under $5 for everything and available at Walmart or any craft store.

jiminyC_fan said:
Ok, is anyone else having problem finding magnet sheets? I use to buy them at Walmart and/or Target for 7.99 but :confused3 neither of them carry them anymore. So I thought I would run to Office Max. OMG, they were 11.99. Almost double of the discount stores. I need to make some door magnets. Know where I might find some CHEAPER?

Walmart doesn't keep it by the computer supplies. It keeps it by the shipping supplies, its kinda weird. We just bought two packs there last month. I don't know why they do it like that.

Sandy, I just printed my signs on card stock and then used the magnetic tape on the back. It worked great!

I might need to resort to that. Walmart actually told me that they don't carry it anymore. It is getting way to pricey for me. Maybe I could use glossy photo paper and use the magnetic tape. Thanks everyone!

Sandy, remind me before our next meet and I will bring mine to show you.

You can also buy magnetic paper at the Dollar Tree! That is a great deal, I stocked up the last time I was there.-Donna

I was going to make signs for every day for our 5 rooms of family. They don't read the boards and are clueless on many things. I bought a 8 x 10 magnetic lucite frame at the Christmas Tree Shop for my fridge and thought, I could buy 5 of those and just make paper signs and slip them in. Lot lighter than carrying all those magnet sheets.

I'm partial to the Xyron magnetic sticky tape. It's lightweight, and can be torn-to-size by hand. At something like $2.99/roll, it's lots more cost effective than buying the big magnet sheets.

Here's my best tip on the memo boards.

Buy the magnetic photo pockets. You can slip in and out pages. I found the 8 x 10 ones at Michael's crafts for $3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter