What's up with Le Cellier?

leebee

DIS Veteran
I am trying to make an ADR at Le Cellier for our trip in August (17-26). Doesn't matter what day I put into the online reservation system; I cannot get a table for either 2 or 3 people for either lunch OR dinner on any day of our vacation. Is it really possible that Le Cel is totally booked this far in advance?

Yes, probably has been booked for some time now. Just keep trying maybe something will open up.

I keep trying for reservations for the week of Aug. 8 - 15th as well. We ate there for the first time last February and it is awesome. I think it's one of the hardest places to get reservations for if you aren't able to book at the 180 day window.

It is possible that it is booked, but try putting in a table for 4. I couldn't get a table for 3 for 2 years, Finally got a rssie by requesting a table for 4. It is so worth it if you love a good steak. but I also though Jiko had as good a steak.

I am trying to make an ADR at Le Cellier for our trip in August (17-26). Doesn't matter what day I put into the online reservation system; I cannot get a table for either 2 or 3 people for either lunch OR dinner on any day of our vacation. Is it really possible that Le Cel is totally booked this far in advance?

I made my dinner ADR for 8/20 waaaaaaay back on my 180 + 10 day mark - 2/16/10 (I snagged a 5:55 pm ressie for 8 ppl). A week later, I wanted to change the time to 1/2 hr earlier and it was a no-go. They were completely booked!

Keep trying, somebody may end up cancelling (if the FD promo is QSDP for Values, I have a feeling a bunch of ADR's will be cancelled :rolleyes1)

People have been booking this time frame since 2-18-2010.
Almost two months. Keep trying as people do cancel ....

I also read that some people are booking late Aug. in anticipation of free dining. Even without any hotel reservations. So if free dining doesn't happen things may open up.

Le Cellier is one of the first to fill up during FD.

I checked a week ago and there was some availability during lunch time on the days that you mentioned. But it looks booked up now.

I decided not to book it because I was afraid of slow service (since they're so buys nowadays), and after reading reviews that they're a bit overrated.

There was some availability on Tuesday last week for dinner during that week in Aug. I managed to get a dinner res for the 26th and there was one available for 5.35 on the 25th aswell. I check multiple times a day and this is the first time a dinner res has come between 22nd-27th Aug since 180 days out. Like other have said if free dining is not announced or is just qsdp I think a few ppl will be cancelling reservations they have made in hope of fd. Hopefully this will be sooner rather than later, it's unfair to hold an adr which you're not going to be using! Especially when there's people with holidays booked desperate for them. Good luck!! And if I see any availability that week I'll stick it on here:)

We were told on a segway tour that it it the hardest reservation to get. dh booked a trip last month. I went on line and tried to get hiim an ADR for LeC. To my surprise I got him a lunch one. We were surprised since I did it just last month.

.. I :love::love::love: the DIS?? Thank you to everyone who is trying to help me find a ressie at Le Cel! FYI only dinner works on 8/17 as we fly in that day and only lunch on 8/26 as that is when we go home. I was able to get ADRs for everything else we wanted :banana: so can live without Le Cel, if necessary! ADR is for 2 or 3 as DH isn't sure when he'll be there yet (long story, and he'll be OOP), so I don't want to book a table for 4 when I can only guarantee 2 (let's not get that one started, OK :eek: ). I didn't think about tables opening up all the time, or that cancellations might occur if QS is announced as a FD plan for the values. I will keep trying :goodvibes: !

THANKS TO EVERYONE for helping! You guys ROCK :lmao::cool1: :thanks::disrocks:

The other thing to keep in mind is that Le Cellier is a fairly small restaurant. Compared to many of the other dining places its seating capacity is fairly small.

Had you tried when the reservations were first available you would not have had a problem at all. LeCellier had good availability for about a week or more when the 180 mark came around but that didnt last long as did a few of other popular restaurants. I had no interest in going but would check daily out of curiousity as to how fast they book up.

I'm going in September and I booked all my ADR's in March. Decided about a week after making ADR's that we did want to try Le Cellier, and couldn't get an ADR.:confused3 I kept trying, nothing popped up. Finally got a 4:00 p.m., not what I wanted, but hey, better than nothing.

I started reading some of the trip/food reviews and saw how you can eat at the Rose and Crown before Illimunations and either sit outside or they will bring you to a viewing area. This intrigued me, so I went and found a 7:25 for Rose and Crown and ended up cancelling Le Cellier after all. I posted the cancellation on here so hopefully someone was able to get it. (By mistake, I posted it here instead of on the reservations thread, ooops, but I did post it!)

So, keep trying, I never thought I would have given up that Le Cellier reservation. Your not going until August, so something is bound to pop up before then. If not, find something else you would enjoy, book that, and if you happen to get Le Cellier, bonus!

It is one of the, if not , the MOST popular place on property.It completely books up 180 days in advance.It also only holds about 150 people at a time( very small capacity)..Personally I don't think it is all that great, but others love it.

My trip is for that time period as well and the 180 day window to book dining reservations was back in the 3rd week of February so it is safe to assume that Le Cellier is probably booked.

I'm thinking about trying to book an ADR for our next trip, but it worries me that it being so popular might mean a long wait to be seated. I wonder if I'm missing out on something if I don't book lunch at Le Cellier..... will I be missing out on something?

The other option would be to book a lunch at Restaurant Marrakesh or Chefs de France. Never been to Chefs, but I really enjoyed the music and food at Marrakesh. For our days in Epcot, I'm also planning to book Coral Reef, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, and maybe Garden Grill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter