What's up with cancelled reservations not showing back up again in the system?

AtlantaDisneyDreamer

DIS Veteran
I have tried to coordinate with another person the reservation I was cancelling twice- last night and today- and both times the reservation I cancelled never showed back up again in the system.

Anyone know what is going on? Is Disney holding on to these cancelled reservations? Maybe they have already overbooked those restaurants and times?

How long does it generally take for the reservation to show back up in the system once it has been cancelled?

Just trying to decide if continuing to attempt to coordinate is a waste of time. I noticed that are not nearly as many posts in the July cancelled thread as there have been in the past. Is something going on within the system that is messing up the coordination, or is there still a good chance someone can get a cancelled reservation?

It's possible. I've caught some before when I coordinated times with both of us at the computer. Other times the spots never showed up.

It's possible. I've caught some before when I coordinated times with both of us at the computer. Other times the spots never showed up.
I was wondering if there was any point for the person who wanted the ADR to call. Some people say that the phone CMs can sometimes see availability that we cannot. Others say they see exactly what we see. I have not idea what they see. :confused3

I was wondering if there was any point for the person who wanted the ADR to call. Some people say that the phone CMs can sometimes see availability that we cannot. Others say they see exactly what we see. I have not idea what they see. :confused3

It never hurts to try. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Recently, I was coordinating a reservation for 4, but it showed up online as as two reservations for two people. If it doesn't show up immediately, check other party sizes.

I have tried to coordinate with another person the reservation I was cancelling twice- last night and today- and both times the reservation I cancelled never showed back up again in the system.

Anyone know what is going on? Is Disney holding on to these cancelled reservations? Maybe they have already overbooked those restaurants and times?

How long does it generally take for the reservation to show back up in the system once it has been cancelled?

Just trying to decide if continuing to attempt to coordinate is a waste of time. I noticed that are not nearly as many posts in the July cancelled thread as there have been in the past. Is something going on within the system that is messing up the coordination, or is there still a good chance someone can get a cancelled reservation?
Hello, AtlantaDisneyDreamer,
I live in Atlanta too! Today I tried coordinating with someone and was online ready and refreshed for almost 20 minutes and nothing ever showed up. It was heart breaking because it was the exact reservation I wanted. Hoping to snag a reservation for 5 at BOG at somepoint of our trip Sept 29th-Oct 3rd.

Hello, AtlantaDisneyDreamer,
I live in Atlanta too! Today I tried coordinating with someone and was online ready and refreshed for almost 20 minutes and nothing ever showed up. It was heart breaking because it was the exact reservation I wanted. Hoping to snag a reservation for 5 at BOG at somepoint of our trip Sept 29th-Oct 3rd.
So frustrating! Well, good luck to you. I had great luck finding hard to snag ADRs by taking a few seconds twice a day to check ADRs. People do cancel. A lot. I find that more seems to be available late at night or early morning.

And hunting ADRs becomes kind of a fun past time. In trips past when I booked early enough in advance to get everything I wanted, I actually changed my mind and decided I wanted something no longer available. Probably just so I could challenge myself to find it in an ADR stalk session. :upsidedow

Hope you are enjoying Atlanta. We are in the northern suburbs and rarely get into the city, but we still claim Atlanta as home.

Also for those looking for adrs, sign up for touring plans and mouse dining res finders. It texts you alerts. Just be quick.

When I cancel on the app, it's only been able to be rebooked on the app. It never showed up online

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter