What's up with Aulani (sales on hold)?

Anal Annie

at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it
Kinda took a break from the DVC boards recently as we were planning our DLP / DCL Med trip so I guess I missed some scoop. Just got back this week. Was disappointed to find out on the ship that sales were suspended for Aulani. What did I miss? I wanted to price an add-on & they said no can do. :confused3

See what happens when you go way???

:lmao:

Short story: Jim Lewis and several others lost their jobs over this - legal problems in the filing - people lucky enough to have already bot will get subsidized dues there for life.

So...let this be a lesson to you!
;)

Kinda took a break from the DVC boards recently as we were planning our DLP / DCL Med trip so I guess I missed some scoop. Just got back this week. Was disappointed to find out on the ship that sales were suspended for Aulani. What did I miss? I wanted to price an add-on & they said no can do. :confused3

"Firings and Hirings and Dues, Oh My"

It seems the powers that be mis-calculated the actual cost of operations and under valued the starting cost of MFs. Those who bought prior to the discovery will have to be subsidized by Disney for the life of the contract. Sales have been halted until the new dues are calculated and new docs filed with Hawaii. In the aftermath, several higher ups were fired, including Jim Lewis.

How do you think the subsidized dues will effect resale if someone bought one of the originally sold contracts on the resale market? Just wondering....

With Vero Beach, the subsidized MF's carry to a new owner. However, given the recent changes in resales not carrying some benefits, I can see Disney deciding in this case to make it non transferrable.

Not sure they can legally or not, but I am sure if there is a way, they will.

How do you think the subsidized dues will effect resale if someone bought one of the originally sold contracts on the resale market? Just wondering....

I believe they will use ROFR to reclaim the points and resell them under the new MF terms.

With Vero Beach, the subsidized MF's carry to a new owner. However, given the recent changes in resales not carrying some benefits, I can see Disney deciding in this case to make it non transferrable.

Not sure they can legally or not, but I am sure if there is a way, they will.

I don't think that would be a legal option for DVC..I believe they'd have to roft the contract to extinguish the subsidy.

WOW! :scared1: Jim Lewis gone & I missed all the Let's Party threads?! :lmao: That must've been a whopper of a mis-calculation!! Double drats for not having bought there yet. Was hoping for a sweet deal on the Magic. I was stunned when they said no more sales for awhile.

So who's running the show now???

Double drats for not having bought there yet. Was hoping for a sweet deal on the Magic.

We are kicking ourselves for not following through on purchasing more points, too! We decided to wait until our Feb 2012 cruise, now it will cost additional $ every year! Oh well, let's look at the glass half full.....we did buy some points!

Ohhhh, just had another thought.:idea:

Maybe they will have a new low "introductory" offer to re-kick-start the sales!
Here's hoping!

Ohhhh, just had another thought.:idea:

Maybe they will have a new low "introductory" offer to re-kick-start the sales!
Here's hoping!

Yesterday (8/29/2011), the Orlando Sentinel reported that DVD was filing a new fee schedule on Monday and Aulani sales will resume once the revised plans are approved.

I'm surprised that its taken DVD over a month and a half to submit a new fee schedule. I wonder how long it will take the State of Hawaii to approve the revised fees.

. . . . .I'm surprised that its taken DVD over a month and a half to submit a new fee schedule. I wonder how long it will take the State of Hawaii to approve the revised fees.

I keep thinking that Hawaii will expedite it, but then I remember that they operate on island time which is pretty relaxed and slow. And then there's the fact that Hawaii's government employees are still furloughed one day a week because of lack of funding. Even the Aulani deeds that are filed take awhile to be filed on the Hawaii website (the current deeds on the website were filed in May). It doesn't mean they aren't being filed timely just not updated on the website.

Aside from filing in Hawaii, doesn't each state have its own individual laws for timeshare? I would imagine that they would have to re-file with every state as well in order to be able to sell the product there. Correct me if I am wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter